Audio Control and Power Button Cable
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Want to see the inside of your phone without opening it up? Check out our see-through iPhone 5 wallpapers.
The iPhone 5 is Apple's 6th iteration of the iPhone. Announced on September 12, 2012 at an Apple event at the Yerba Buena Theater in San Francisco, the iPhone 5 improves the body styling of the iPhone 4 line by increasing the screen size and reducing the weight and thickness of the device. The update also saw the inclusion of LTE cellular wireless networking and the introduction of a new, proprietary I/O connector—the Lightning connector.
It's easy to distinguish the iPhone 5 from previous models by its 4" display, aluminum-and-glass rear panel, and all-new Lightning connector. In addition, the iPhone's headphone jack was moved from the top to the bottom of the phone, just like the iPod Touch lineup.
Announce date: September 12, 2012
Model: A1428, A1429
Operating System: iOS
Display (Retina Display):
- 4 in (102 mm)
- Multitouch widescreen
- 640 x 1136 pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio
- LED-backlit IPS TFT LCD
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating on the front
Camera: Contains both front and rear-facing cameras.
- Front Camera
- Portrait photos at 1.2 MP
- VGA (720p) at 30fps
- Support for FaceTime over cellular + wifi
- Rear Camera
- 8 MP
- HD Video (1080p) at 30fps
- LED Flash
- IR filter
- 5 element lens
- Facial recognition / image stabilization
- Panorama photo
- Photo while recording video
Processor: Apple A6
RAM: 1 GB DDR2
Storage: 16, 32, 64 GB Flash Memory
- Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n (Dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GSM model A1428: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 4 and 17)
- CDMA model A1429: CDMA EV-DO Rev. A and Rev. B (800, 1900, 2100 MHz); UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5, 13, 25)
- GSM model A1429: UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1900, 2100 MHz); GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz); LTE (Bands 1, 3, 5)
- Digital Compass
- GPS and GLONASS signal reception
Battery: 3.8 V, 1440 mAh lithium-ion polymer
Dimensions: 4.87 × 2.31 × 0.30 in (123.8 × 58.6 × 7.6 mm)
Weight: 112 g (4.0 oz)
Colors: Black/Slate or White/Silver
- Diagnose any issues you may be having with your iPhone 5 using our iPhone 5 Troubleshooting Guide.
- Diagnose and repair screen backlight issues with our iDevice Backlight Troubleshooting Page.