My iPhone will not turn on after several hours of charging. HELP?

Alright so my phone has always had a battery problem. By that I mean my battery would be randomly low. For instance, I could charge it for an hour and it'll be 100% and as soon as I take it off the charger it would be on 70%.

In the past when my phone has died completely, it would take an hour or more for the phone to come back on after being on the charger.

Yesterday, my phone was freezing up so I willingly turned it off at 50%. I let it sit for about 10 minutes before turning it back on. When I went to turn it back on, it showed the low battery symbol. So I plugged it up to the charger and let it charge for at least 2 hours. But it still wouldnt come on. I tried pressing the home and power button at the same time but when I do, it shows the low battery symbol. So I gave up and let my phone charge overnight, hoping it would turn on at some point. My phone had been on the charging at this point for about 8 or 9 hours and it still wont turn on. What do I do???

When plugged in, do you get the battery symbol come up on your phone?

Iphone 5 has known battery issues. If the phone registers the cable, I would look to replace the battery (genuine Apple replacement only) AND then also restore the iphone via iTunes, and set it up as a new iphone

If it doesn't register the cable being plugged in, try other cables / charging plugs, then look to replace the charging port

Yes the battery symbol does come up when charging and the symbol that shows it needs to charge comes up when I unplug the charger.

This is very good. The charging port, charger and cable should all be fine. A genuine new battery, And an iTunes restore should have you back up and running

It still won't work and I have tried everything!

Akaja will be eternally grateful.