My iPhone will not turn on after several hours of charging. HELP?

Alright so my phone has always had a battery problem. By that I mean my battery would be randomly low. For instance, I could charge it for an hour and it'll be 100% and as soon as I take it off the charger it would be on 70%.

In the past when my phone has died completely, it would take an hour or more for the phone to come back on after being on the charger.

Yesterday, my phone was freezing up so I willingly turned it off at 50%. I let it sit for about 10 minutes before turning it back on. When I went to turn it back on, it showed the low battery symbol. So I plugged it up to the charger and let it charge for at least 2 hours. But it still wouldnt come on. I tried pressing the home and power button at the same time but when I do, it shows the low battery symbol. So I gave up and let my phone charge overnight, hoping it would turn on at some point. My phone had been on the charging at this point for about 8 or 9 hours and it still wont turn on. What do I do???

YOUR A LEGEND OMG BLESS YOUR SOUL YOUR A GIFT FROM GOD THANK YOU SO MUCH. for those who are wondering heat up the back of the phone with the blow dryer for about a minute while the phone is still charging

New Battery = Faster iPhone
Fix Kits starting at $16.99

When plugged in, do you get the battery symbol come up on your phone?

Iphone 5 has known battery issues. If the phone registers the cable, I would look to replace the battery (genuine Apple replacement only) AND then also restore the iphone via iTunes, and set it up as a new iphone

If it doesn't register the cable being plugged in, try other cables / charging plugs, then look to replace the charging port

Yes the battery symbol does come up when charging and the symbol that shows it needs to charge comes up when I unplug the charger.

This is very good. The charging port, charger and cable should all be fine. A genuine new battery, And an iTunes restore should have you back up and running

No it doesnt come up

Most Helpful Answer

Heat it up with a hairdryer, it will work

I honestly don't know why this would work, but being that it has helped people, I want to remind everybody: DO NOT HEAT YOUR BATTERY DIRECTLY! This is extremely dangerous. Maybe @philipengel could elaborate more on what he heated and for how long? :)

amazing thanks mate, was dead for three days your a genius

you are probably the most smartest person thanks alot

The blow dryer worked like a charm on my daughter's iPhone 6s.

You certainly are a bloody genius!

I honestly can't believe this worked ! Such a good thing to know !

Thak you !

bless your heart.

In this situation it is always hard to judge exactly where the problem lies. To me, this sounds like a battery failure. You can buy the battery here:

iPhone 5 Replacement Battery

And the guide to fix it can be found here:

How to replace your iPhone 5 battery

Hope this helps! And good luck, happy repairs to you :)

iPhone 5 Replacement Battery Image

Akaja will be eternally grateful.