These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
A1387 GSM/CDMA/16GB, A1387 GSM/CDMA/32GB, A1387 GSM/CDMA/64GB, A1387 GSM/CDMA/8GB
The iPhone 4s is Apple's 5th iteration of the iPhone. Announced on October 4th, 2011 at the Let's Talk iPhone event, the 4s shares the same body styling as its predecessor, the iPhone 4, but includes a series of software and hardware updates. It features both CDMA and GSM technology, making it a world phone. Repair of this device is straightforward, and requires screwdrivers, prying tools, and patience.
You can identify the iPhone 4s by one of the following model numbers etched into the back case:
The iPhone 4s features a flat glass front and back with flat stainless steel edges. Circular volume buttons and a ring/silent toggle switch are situated on the left side. A SIM tray is located on the right side for GSM models only. The power button and aux port are on the top side.
The iPhone 4s has a black or white front and back with silver edges.
- Diagnose any issues you may be having with your iPhone 4S using our iPhone 4S Troubleshooting Guide.
- Diagnose and repair screen backlight issues with our iDevice Backlight Troubleshooting Page.
Announce date: October 4, 2011
Operating System: iOS 5.0 - iOS 9.3.6
Display (Retina Display):
- 3.5 in (89 mm)
- 1.5:1 aspect ratio widescreen
- 960 x 640 px at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio
- LED backlit IPS TFT LCD
Camera: 8 megapixels with 1080p HD video capability for both front and rear facing cameras.
- Front Camera
- VGA (720p) at 30fps
- Rear Camera
- 8 MP
- HD Video (1080p) at 30fps
- LED Flash
- IR filter
- 5 element lens
- facial recognition / image stabilization
Processor: Apple A5 system-on-a-chip; A5 dual-core processor chip
RAM: 512MB DDR2
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
Storage: 8, 16, 32, or 64 GB Flash Memory
- Integrated 802.11 b/g/n (2.4 GHz only)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE (800 850 900 1800 1900 MHz)
- Quad-band UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA (800 850 900 1900 2100 MHz) (800 MHz unannounced)
- Dual-band CDMA/EV-DO Rev. A (800 1900 MHz)
- GPS signal reception
Dimensions: 4.54 × 2.31 × 0.37 in (115.2 × 58.6 × 9.3 mm)
Weight: 140 g (4.9 oz)
Colors: Black or White
Want to see inside your iPhone without taking it apart? Check out our X-ray wallpaper!