1 In Progress Guide
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
This new generation of console features heavy focus on social media and cloud-based storage. The console also offers interactivity through Remote Play with the PlayStation Vita, and second-screen features for tablets. The DualShock 4 controllers feature a touchpad controller in addition to a new Share button to enable posting to social media sites.
To find a list of common hardware fixes, check out the PlayStation 4 Troubleshooting Guide.
- CPU: low power x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
- GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ Graphics Core Next engine
- RAM: GDDR5 8 GB
- HDD: 500 GB removable and upgradable
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g/n Wireless, Bluetooth 2.1, USB 3.0, Ethernet 10/100/1000
- Dimensions: 10.8" x 12" x 2"