A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment, first announced February 20, 2013 and released November 15, 2013.

PS4 beeps once then turns off

Now my ps4 can't turn on; when I push the start button it beeps one time and turns off immediately.

What do you do when a PS4 door won't stay closed, and it beeps when it is off and on?

I have the same problem I suspect it has something to do with overheating as I've ran this thing every night since Black Friday with no problems. It's stayed in rest mode when not in active use. All the suddenly we've had a heat wave and my room can get pretty toasty. I don't think it's a coincidence. Either that or something has melted or broken inside I hope that's not the case. For me it'll run for about an hour or two then work work until the following day (presumably when it has cooled down) Have tried improving ventilation by moving stuff that was near it (action figures on the sides Xbox 360 on top) hopefully there is not a perm any problem cuz I can't afford to shell out $400 again!

So the ps4 is overheating

My tv is a Philips and when I press the power button or turn on the controller it just make a beep and for a few seconds it show it charging my other controller and turn off

Please help me

This is a common problem with PS4's. There are several things that you can try in order to get it working. If either of these work they probably won't work for a long period of time but they might.

1) Unplug the cord from the back and plug it all the way back in, making sure it's fully seated. Also, if you're using a power strip you might want to try plugging it directly into a wall outlet.

2) You can try turning it up on it's side. This usually won't work, but it does sometimes...it's worth a try.

3) Another thing to try is hitting it against your knee or the floor. Not hard enough to break anything (obviously!) but enough to give it a bit of a jar. This method probably works more than the first method, but is not a sure thing either.

These are the first things to try. If neither of them work then you'll probably have to take it to a repair shop or send it in to one.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

After 2 weeks of trying different repairs suggestion on this thread I gave up and brought it to KT Electronics in San Jose, they had it repaired by the next day. It's been working fine for the last 4 month

This actually worked, I gave it a small tap and it turned right on! Thanks dude!!

Glad it worked for you. You may want to get some washers and put under the APU clamp. This will help it last longer. Yours could work for a while just as is though too.

Omg it actually worked thank u

thanks ill try them both

Try taking the ps4 and unplug power cord. Wait for atleast 30 secs and plug it back in and turn back on, wash rise repeat.

this is the best answer. this is what you should do first

I did it and it worked really well.thank you for this :)

I got mine to work by unplugging it, holding the power button for 30 seconds at least and then plugging it back in to power.

I just unplugged the power cord and then plugged it back in

I had the same problem and what I did was I took out the power cord in the back and plugged back in and it worked hope this helped!

to make it work was remove the power cord and switch it on, it will beep with a light and then die (without the cord) then when u start it up hold down the boot button till it beeps twice and it will rebuild the database...

it works... but the light is still blue and wont connect to white light and TV is it rebouting ?

Amazing - it worked!

Thanks! It worked!

How do you "switch it on"?

Picked mine up and slapped it's bottom and it came back on thank you!

Hello

I had the same problem too with just a beep then no power , i tried every solutions on nearly all the ps4 websites but nothing . So what i did was plug every cables on the ps4 with power plugged in and i inserted a disc in the ps4 but not all the way in just enough to hear the beep indicating that the console sense the disc in the loader and it turned on and i pulled out the disc and ps4 is alive again after nearly 2 weeks of finding a solution . I was gonna buy a new console but now i don't need to ... I hope this helps ???

thanks

How does your PS4 turn on automatically because of the disc?

First of all my ps4 was dead like I mention above. I notice before the problem happens I once inserted the disc accidentally without powering up the console first and the ps4 turns on. Few months later the problem as I mentioned above happen and that's when I started looking for solutions on the ps4 website. Then I remember how I accidentally inserted the disc and I tried it as this is the resort and what the !&&* it works. It works for hopefully it'll work for others!!!!!!

Thanks I tired everything above but yours worked the first try

Bruuuuuuh thank you so much It worked❗❗

It worked thank you so much!!!!!

I fixed this problem it should work for the 1 beep blue light then powers off..

1. Take the top off the ps4

2. Remove the screws 2 tension screws to the heat sink.

3. Get 2 neoprene washers per screw and place them on the screws. I had a bunch left over from the Xbox 360 X clamp fix

Put the 2 screws back ( DON'T TIGHTEN THE SCREWS ALL THE WAY!!!)

4. This is where you have to tweek it until the system powers up.

5. Start kind of tight. If it doesn't come on then loosen. ( IT WILL WORK!!!)

Guys please test my fix. It's essentially doing what the Xbox 360 X clamp fix did. I really think this could help alot of people. It's extremely easy to do..

Which screws are you talking about?

Just did this and it worked, I'm assuming is not a permanent fix (since it's probably bad solder connections in AGU) but works for now. Just bought a PS4 off eBay that "wouldn't turn on" - gave it a brief vacuuming, little "knock" on my knee and put it on its side and was able to get it from "on then off" to blue light of death and also able to get it into Safe Mode where I initialized it with the most current OS (after it installed it rebooted and went back to "on then off").

So, this morning I opened everything up, took the motherboard out, went out and got neoprene washers (used 5/32" thick ones from Home Depot) and a duster can, blasted the heck out of everything per what I've read elsewhere, installed the neoprene washers as you said and tightened them all the way, put everything back together, plugged it in and it booted right up.

I'm like 30 minutes in now so who knows how long it'll last, but it was either this, the deep, deep compressed air cleaning, or both that got me from dead to home screen.

The 2 shoulder screws on top that are holding the teeter totter tensioner I believe they are the only Philips screws on the top. If the light is still blue try adjusting the screws a bit more it's not booted until the light is white. As far as how long it lasts I did this for the first time about 6 months ago. I wanted to try it on a few more to prove my theory. Just so a heads up if you get the blue light and shut down and you have to unplug plug the system to get the blue light again you will need a power supply as well as this fix. Thanks for the reply so guys so happy it worked for you!!

You're right Jeremy...this is a fix that works for about 70% of PS4's that have this problem that haven't been opened. We've been working on a video and DIY repair kit for this problem and finally have it done. Hopefully this will make it easier for others: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pszuueUT...

Hi everyone I've had the exact same problem and I've fixed mine it is the apu chip on the mother board the heat putty what goes onto the chip has Dis intergrated so bought some new heat putty and mine hasn't gone of yet

Unplug your PlayStation 4, leave it unplugged for 30 seconds, replug the PlayStation back, hold the power button until it beeps two times, ( make sure your controller is plugged up) go to rebuild database and I hit (x button). Your PlayStation will reboot and rebuild the database it should take no longer than five minutes and then your PlayStation will cut on

thanks,very helpful

I just experienced this problem, after reading up on it and watching some YouTube videos I chose not to do the washer trick because mine's under warranty so I unplugged the system, removed the first top plate and air dusted it out and it worked.

Try to slide off the shiny top part of ps4. Then find if there is anything stuck there like a disk (usually it's a lot of dust or trash) clean it up and try again. If won't help, disconnect every wire from ps4 like it was in the box, let it lay down for sometime and then connect it again(helped me)

My did the same thing but it was because it was connected to a extention once connected directly to a plug outlet started to work

All I did was unplug all cords from the back of the ps4, unplugged the power cable from my wall outlet, and turned the ps4 up on its side, where the left side was when it was flat is the side that is in the air now. I let it Cool off with nothing attached to it for around a minute and replugged HDMI, then power cable into the ps4, then power cable into the outlet, and hit the power button on, worked for me:)

I had game inside my console held the eject until I spat it out, system reset itself problem solved.

this &&^&^$^ helped for some reason but what i did was held the eject button and then pressed the power button held both at the same time it spat out the game and then rebooted

Hi I had this problem for ages and found out that it's the heat putty inside has wore down so I bought some new heat putty and stripped it down put the heat putty round the chip inside put it all back together and it hasn't gone of since you'll find it will turn of once or twice at the beginning of first applying the putty but after that it doesn't turn of any more

Hi guys.

I had the exact same issue. I found out if you unplug the power cord for roughly 5 minutes and give it a good tap on its base it turns right back. Step by step I did the following; unplug and let sit for 5, tilt the console on all 6 angles for a few seconds each, tap the Base of the console a few times (not hard though) now when you power up it should work. I was petrified when mine knackered up too! Glad this worked for me, hope it helps you!

I tried everything in the book and found this thread so I unplug power button held the power switch down for 20 seconds let off of it then plugged it in and then push the power and it worked thanks so much

This is what I've done twice now when it's stopped working: unplug the power cord, hold the power switch for 20-30 seconds (for some reason this part seems to be the most important part), plug the power cord back in, hold the power button again until you get the prompt to plug the USB cable into your controller and then check for an update.

Both times it seems I was missing the latest update. So it installs and then rebuilds the database. After that it works. (When I've tried to do this without unplugging the power cord first for 20-30 seconds it doesn't seem to work, so unplugging the power cord is key.)

Anyway. Hope that helps!

hey i just wanted to say i accidentally pulled on the motherboard when i was trying to fix my disc reading problem which i still cant fix its something from juice getting all inside the circuitry of my ps4 but what i discovered was the same exact problem so i looked and noticed that the WiFi connection piece was split (its that thing inside the ps4 to the right bottom corner of the front of the ps4) the metal connected so i took a flat tip screwdriver and put the connection back together tried to turn it on and it worked perfectly

concernedbit will be eternally grateful.