What temperature does the glue need to be heated to?
Wont' turn on after screen replacement
Why is my touchpad not working - locks my Surface Pro 3
No LCD Backlight after repair
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For more information on quick fixes, head to the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 Troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification
Third version of the Surface Pro "laptop replacement" tablet. This revision brings a new lighter and thinner body with a larger screen.
- Display: 12" ClearType Full HD Plus 2160 x 1440
- Dimensions: 11.5” x 7.93” x 0.36”
- Processor: 4th generation Intel Core i3, i5, or i7
- Storage/RAM configurations:
- 64GB or 128GB storage with 4GB RAM
- 256GB or 512GB storage with 8GB RAM
- Full-size USB 3.0
- microSD™ card reader
- Headset jack
- Mini DisplayPort
- Cover port
- Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11ac/802.11 a/b/g/n
- Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy
- 5.0 megapixel rear-facing camera
- 5.0 megapixel front-facing camera
- OS: Windows 8.1