Third generation Surface Pro tablet, released June 20, 2014.

What temperature does the glue need to be heated to?

I am removing the display on my surface pro three and I want to know what temperature to set my heat gun to so the adhesive will give way but I won't melt or damage any parts

What do you mean by teacher? And the temperature is 80C by the way. If you are trying to separate a non-cracked screen good luck as only people that open these often can do that without damaging it.

No kidding! My first attempt at removing a undamaged display did not go well. I am hoping the section attempt goes better as i have another surface pro with an undamaged display I am going to try.

its nearly impossible to remove these without breaking them because the digi is so thin. and the lcd is loca to the digi

Most Helpful Answer

What do you mean by "heating element" you really should use the iOpener or a heat gun. There really isnt a "tempurature" Just dont keep it in one spot and move it around aiming closer to where the adhesive is located and when it get too hot to touch thats the general rule of thumb that its ready to be removed.

Bradley will be eternally grateful.