graphics card for MacBook Pro late 2011
Getting three Beeps, Not RAM error
My MBP won't boot, with horizontal line at apple logo
Best RAM for MacBook Pro Late 2011?
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
A1286 (EMC 2563 MacBookPro8,2) 2.2 GHz, A1286 (EMC 2563 MacBookPro8,2) 2.4 GHz, A1286 (EMC 2563 MacBookPro8,2) 2.5 GHz
The MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011 Unibody was released in October 2011.
As with the model from earlier in 2011, the MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011 Unibody's case is composed of a single block of aluminum, following the same process of the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody Repair.
The MacBook Pro 15" Late 2011 features a 2.2 GHz or 2.4 GHz Intel Core i7 with 6 MB on-chip L3 cache or a 2.5 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 with 8 MB on-chip L3 cache. It sports the same 4 GB of RAM as the previous model and a 256 MB jump to the AMD Radeon HD 6750M / 6770M graphics processor with 512 MB GDDR5 memory.
Use the laptop identification system to identify your machine. MacBooks tend to look very similar, and it's important to know which machine you have before ordering any replacement parts.
- MagSafe power port
- Gigabit Ethernet port
- FireWire 800 port (up to 800 Mbps)
- Two USB 2.0 ports (up to 480 Mbps)
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- Audio line in
- Audio line out
- SDXC card slot
- Kensington lock slot
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 wireless technology
- Stereo speakers with subwoofers
- Omnidirectional microphone
- Audio line in minijack
- Audio line out/headphone minijack
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
- 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy or optional antiglare widescreen display with support for millions of colors
Graphics and video:
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor or AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor
- Intel HD Graphics 3000
- Automatic graphics switching
- FaceTime HD camera
- Thunderbolt port
- 2.2GHz or 2.4GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 6MB shared L3 cache; or optional 2.5GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor with 8MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB or 8GB of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
- 500GB or 750GB 5400-rpm Serial ATA hard drive; optional 750GB 5400-rpm hard drive, 750GB 7200-rpm hard drive, or 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB solid-state drive
- 8x DVD/CD slot-loading SuperDrive
Battery and power:
- up to 7 hrs wireless web
- Built-in 77.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter with cable management system
- MagSafe power port
What’s in the box:
- MacBook Pro
- Display cleaning cloth
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- Printed and electronic documentation