1 In Progress Guide
1 Archived Guide
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background ¶
The MacBook Pro with Retina Display was released June 11, 2012.
The MacBook Pro with Retina Display is not labeled "MacBook Pro" on the bezel like previous generations, instead it is labeled on the bottom of the computer along with the model number A1398. This is the first iteration with flash storage instead of a hard drive.
The MacBook Pro with Retina Display is thinner than previous models. It has two USB 3.0 ports, one on either side of the machine, two Thunderbolt ports, and a MagSafe 2 power adapter. This model also sports an SD card reader and and HDMI port.
Technical Specs ¶
- Retina display: 15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit display with IPS technology; 2880-by-1800 resolution at 220 pixels per inch with support for millions of colors.
- 256GB, 512GB, or 768GB Flash Storage
- 2.3GHz, 2.6GHz, or 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 6MB shared L3 cache.
- 8GB or 16GB of 1600MHz DDR3L onboard memory
Wireless Connectivity: ¶
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Graphics and Video: ¶
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Built-in 95-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Two Thunderbolt ports (up to 10 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- SD card slot
- Headphone port
- Height: 0.71 inch (1.8 cm)
- Width: 14.13 inches (35.89 cm)
- Depth: 9.73 inches (24.71 cm)
- Weight: 4.46 pounds (2.02 kg)
Additional Links ¶
Apple's Product Page