These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Want to see the inside of your phone without opening it up? Check out our see-through iPhone 5s wallpaper.
Background and Identification
The iPhone 5s is part of the iPhone line, succeeding the iPhone 5. Apple held an event to formally introduce the phone (and its mid-range counterpart, the iPhone 5c) on September 10, 2013.
Similar to the iPhone 4S, the 5s is a revised version of its predecessor, the iPhone 5, but also incorporates a 64-bit Apple A7 processor, a built-in fingerprint sensor on its updated home button, and runs on the iOS 7 operating system.
Announce date: September 10, 2013
Model: A1533, A1453, A1457, A1528, A1530, A1518
Developer: Apple Inc.
Operating System: Shipped with iOS 7, compatible with iOS 10
Display (Retina Display):
- 4 in (102 mm)
- Multitouch widescreen
- 640 x 1136 pixel resolution at 326 ppi
- 800:1 contrast ratio
- LED backlit IPS TFT LCD
- Fingerprint resistant oleophobic coating on front
Fingerprint reader: Touch ID fingerprint reader
Camera: Contains both front and rear facing cameras.
- Front Camera
- Portrait photos at 1.2 MP
- VGA (720p) at 30fps
- Support for FaceTime over cellular wireless
- Rear Camera
- 8 MP
- HD Video (1080p) at 30fps
- Dual warm/LED Flashes
- IR filter
- Facial recognition / image stabilization
- Panorama photo
- Photo while recording video
Processor: Apple A7
RAM: 1 GB LPDDR3 RAM
Storage: 16, 32, 64 GB Flash Memory
- Integrated 802.11 a/b/g/n (Dual band 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0
- GSM, CDMA, 3G, EVDO, HSPA+, LTE
- Digital Compass
- GPS and GLONASS signal reception
Dimensions: 4.87 × 2.31 × 0.30 in (123.8 × 58.6 × 7.6 mm)
Weight: 112 g (4.0 oz)
Colors: Space Gray, Silver, Gold
- Diagnose any issues you may be having with your iPhone 5s using our iPhone 5s Troubleshooting Guide.
- Diagnose and repair screen backlight issues with our iDevice Backlight Troubleshooting Page.