- Displays (1)
- Fans (3)
- Hard Drive Brackets (1)
- Hard Drive Enclosures (2)
- Hard Drives (1)
- Hard Drives (SATA) (9)
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Identification and Background ¶
The MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2012 Unibody was released in June of 2012.
The Mid 2012 model has the same model number, A1286, as the previous iterations. As with the models from in 2011, the MacBook Pro 15" Mid 2012 Unibody's case is composed of a single block of aluminum, following the same process of the MacBook Unibody and the MacBook Pro 17" Unibody Repair.
Use the laptop identification system to help you identify your machine. MacBooks tend to look very similar, and it's important to know which machine you have before ordering any replacement parts.
Technical Specs ¶
- R15.4-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy or optional antiglare widescreen display with support for millions of colors.
- 500 GB or 750 GB 5400-rpm, hard drive
- Configureable to: 750GB 7200-rpm hard drive, 1TB 5400-rpm hard drive, 128GB solid-state drive, 256GB solid-state drive, or 512GB solid-state drive
- 2.3GHz, 2.6GHz, or 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor (Turbo Boost up to 3.7GHz) with 6 MB shared L3 cache.
- Configureable to: 4 GB or 8 GB of 1600MHz DDR3L memory
Wireless Connectivity: ¶
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Graphics and Video: ¶
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M with 1GB of GDDR5 memory and automatic graphics switching
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Built-in 77.5-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- Two USB 3 ports
- Thunderbolt port
- MagSafe power port
- SD/SDXC card slot
- FireWire 800 port
- Audio line in
- Audio line out
- Kensington lock slot
- Height: 0.95 inch (2.41 cm)
- Width: 14.35 inches (36.4 cm)
- Depth: 9.82 inches (24.9 cm)
- Weight: 5.6 pounds (2.56 kg)2
Additional Links ¶
Apple's Specs Page
[ https://www.ifixit.com/Store/Mac/MacBook...[Adapters]=on|my link]