Model M2453 or M6411 / 300, 366, or 466 MHz G3 processor

Can I install Windows XP on my iBook?

How to install window xp in iBook?

No,it can't be done

Most Helpful Answer

Unfortunately, you can't, see this thread for more details. What it comes down to is the processor. No version of windows will run on a Power PC Mac like the iBook.

Nope, not possible, you can run linux though.

I know you can run linux on a Intel machine but are you sure it will run on a Motorola?

mayer- it will depend on the distro and version, but yes, there are versions that will run on practically every processor.

Sure can. Here is the URL for my experiment with Linux. Ralph

Linux on old Macs?

Thanks, ya'll +

I have a PowerMac G4 with a powerpc processor and for a while I was running XP using a virtual machine. The actual name of the program escapes me though. Though possible the fact that you are emulating a windows environment inside of your Mac I wouldn't recommend using it for anything processor or memory intensive as it tend to run pretty slow.

Probably Sun's VirtualBox... but as you said, it's pretty sluggish.

With a Mac OS, Virtual PC is the way to go to run XP, even if its a pirated copy. Not admitting to anything there. I have a Power Mac G4 Mirror Door, that's maxed out. I have two drives that I swap between, one has Tiger on it, although you can run leopard, but it will tax your RAM heavily. The other drive has Yellow Dog Linux on it and it runs like a champ, it's fast, runs with almost no problems, the install can be tricky if your new to Linux. I would choose a Mac or Linux OS any day of the week over a Windows OS. The only thing that Windows is good for in my opinion is a gaming platform amd running 3Ds Max. I would like to add even though this is off topic that if I wanted to us an OS for a smartphone I would do it on a smartphone not as a desktop OS, Windows 8! What a ridiculous OS, I can't even believe it. It's an abomination to OS's around the world. I recently needed a PC laptop, the one I bought came pre-installed with that abomination, I quickly replaced it with openSuse Linux .

darlysoud will be eternally grateful.