- AC Inlets (1)
- Accessories (1)
- Adapters (1)
- Cables (5)
- Case Components (2)
- Consumables (2)
- Display Components (2)
- Fans (3)
- Graphics Cards (1)
- Hard Drive Brackets (1)
- Hard Drive Kits (1)
- Hard Drives (1)
- Headphone Jacks (1)
- Heat Sinks (2)
- Hinges (1)
- LCDs (1)
- Logic Boards (1)
- Memory Maxxer Kits (1)
- Optical Drives (1)
- Power Supplies (1)
- Processors (1)
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
There are no troubleshooting guides for the iMac Intel 21.5" EMC 2428 at this time.
Check our store to find the iMac Intel 21.5" EMC 2428 parts you need.
You can cost-effectively upgrade a number of components in the iMac Intel 21.5" EMC 2428.
- Memory: If your iMac is still running with only the stock RAM, upgrading will provide a dramatic performance boost at minimal cost. Upgrading to the maximum of 16 GB (four 4 GB sticks) is simple and provides unmatched performance.
- Hard Drive: 500 GB or 1 TB hard drives came standard with the iMac Intel 21.5". You can upgrade the drive up to 2 TB to expand your storage.
Identification and Background ¶
You can verify that you have a iMac Intel 21.5" EMC 2428 by checking the processor information through "About This Mac" in the Apple menu.
Use the iMac identification system to help you identify your machine. iMacs tend to look very similar, and it's important to know which machine you have before ordering any replacement parts.
The iMac Intel 21.5" EMC 2428 is very similar to the iMac Intel EMC 2389. Externally, the machine features edge-to-edge glass and an aluminum rear bezel. Internally, an LED display, more powerful video processing, and faster processors round out the impressive upgrades.
Technical Specs ¶
- 21.5-inch LED-backlit glossy widescreen TFT display with support for millions of colors
- Resolution: 1920 by 1080 pixels
- 500GB or 1TB hard drive
- Configurable to 2TB hard drive or 256GB solid-state second drive
- DVD/CD Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive with 4x double-layer burning
- 2.5GHz or 2.7GHz quad-core Intel Core i5 or 2.8GHz quad-core Intel Core i7
- 4GB and up to 16GB of 1333MHz DDR3 memory
Wireless Connectivity: ¶
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 2.1 wireless technology
Graphics and Video: ¶
- AMD Radeon HD 6750M graphics processor or AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics processor
- FaceTime HD camera
- One Thunderbolt port
- One FireWire 800 port; 7 watts
- Four USB 2.0 ports
- SDXC card slot
- Audio in/out
- 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Built-in stereo speakers with Two internal 17-watt high-efficiency amplifiers
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Audio line in/optical digital audio input (minijack)
- Built-in microphone
- Support for Apple iPhone headset with microphone
What’s in the Box: ¶
- Apple Wireless Keyboard
- Apple Magic Mouse
- Power cord
- Install/restore DVDs
- Printed and electronic documentation
- Height: 17.75 inches (45.1 cm)
- Width: 20.8 inches (52.8 cm)
- Depth: 7.42 inches (18.85 cm)
- Weight: 20.5 pounds (9.3 kg)