These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
A2681 EMC 4074 Mid 2022 Mac14,2 3.49 GHz M2 8-Core/10-Core GPU, A2681 EMC 4074 Mid 2022 Mac14,2 3.49 GHz M2 8-Core/8-Core GPU
Background and Identification
Identified by model numbers A2681, MLY43LL/A, or MLY33LL/A (printed on the back cover).
Apple first unveiled the new MacBook Air, fully redesigned for 2022, at WWDC on June 6, 2022. Starting at $1199 USD, it's available in Starlight, Silver, Space Gray, or Midnight. While still impressively thin and light, it's characterized by a more squared-off design, lacking the tapered wedge shape of its predecessors. It also has a prominent notch at the top of the display, similar to those seen on the 2021 MacBook Pro models.
Repairs for this model can be challenging; pentalobe screws guard the exterior, the battery is secured with both stretch-release adhesives and screws and requires removing the logic board for access, and both memory and storage are non-serviceable and non-upgradeable. On the plus side, the MagSafe, Thunderbolt, and headphone/3.5 mm audio ports are all highly modular.
- 13.6-inch (diagonal) Liquid Retina LED-backlit display with IPS technology
- 2560×1664 native resolution at 224 pixels per inch
- 500 nits brightness
- Wide color (P3)
- True Tone
- Apple M2 8-core CPU with 4 performance cores and 4 efficiency cores
- 8-core GPU configurable to 10 cores
- 8 GB unified memory (base model)
- Configurable to 16 GB or 24 GB
- 256 GB (base model)
- Configurable to: 512GB, 1TB, or 2TB
- 802.11ax Wi-Fi 6 wireless networking IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 2x Thunderbolt 3 / USB 4
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 52.6 watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- 4 speaker system: 2 tweeters, 2 subwoofers
- Height: 0.44 inch (1.13 cm)
- Width: 11.97 inches (30.41 cm)
- Depth: 8.46 inches (21.5 cm)
- Weight: 2.7 pounds (1.24 kg