These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
A1466 (EMC 2559 MacBookAir5,2) 1.8 GHz, A1466 (EMC 2559 MacBookAir5,2) 2.0 GHz
There is currently no troubleshooting information available for the MacBook Air A1466.
Background and Identification
The MacBook Air model A1466 was released on June 11, 2012. This mid-2012 update includes all that is on the previous model including Apple's Thunderbolt port, backlit keyboard, and an upgrade to USB 3.0.
This model is the fifth iteration of MacBook Air. It is the same thickness as the previous model. It is visibly distinguished by the model number, A1466, on the underside of the machine and the MagSafe 2 power adapter.
- 13.3-inch (diagonal) high-resolution LED-backlit glossy widescreen display with support for millions of colors
- 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB Flash Storage
- 1.8GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with 3MB shared L3 cache or 2.0GHz Intel Core i7 with 4MB shared L3 cache
- 4G or 8G of 1600MHz DDR3L on board memory
- 802.11n Wi-Fi wireless networking;3 IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Graphics and Video:
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt port (up to 10 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- SD card slot
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 12.8 inches (32.5 cm)
- Depth: 8.94 inches (22.7 cm)
- Weight: 2.96 pounds (1.35 kg)
- Apple's MacBook Air Product Page