SMC Problem Reference Code PFM 006
Water spill, keyboard and track pad not working
How do I update firmware so new hard drive will work?
Ram, Flash Storage for MacBook Air 11" Early 2015 be upgraded/updated?
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
A1465 (EMC 2924 MacBookAir7,1) 1.6 GHz, A1465 (EMC 2924 MacBookAir7,1) 2.2 GHz
Background and Identification
Apple released the updated 11" MacBook Air on March 9, 2015. The model number, A1465, remains the same as previous years, but internally the Air gets Intel's Broadwell-U dual-core processors, and a slight boost in battery life thanks to those chips' increased efficiency.
- 11.6-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit glossy widescreen
- 128GB, 256GB, or 512GB PCIe-based flash storage
- 1.6 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 with 3MB shared L3 cache or 2.2 GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 with 4MB shared L3 cache
- 4GB or 8GB of 1600 MHz LPDDR3 memory
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n compatible
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Graphics and Video:
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Thunderbolt digital video output
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Thunderbolt 2 port (up to 20 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- Height: 0.11-0.68 inch (0.3-1.7 cm)
- Width: 11.8 inches (30 cm)
- Depth: 7.56 inches (19.2 cm)
- Weight: 2.38 pounds (1.08 kg)
- Apple's MacBook Air Product Page