Diagnose any issues you may be having with your Google Pixel using our Google Pixel Troubleshooting Page.
Background and Identification ¶
Announced on October 4, 2016 and released on October 20, 2016, the Google Pixel is Google's first true flagship phone. Google has previously co-developed the Nexus line of devices with other companies, but the Pixel is the first smart phone to be both fully designed and developed solely by Google.
The Pixel features a 5-inch 441 pixels per inch AMOLED display, but it is also available in an XL variant with a 5.5-inch 534 pixels per inch display. The rear mounted fingerprint sensor distinguishes the Pixel from most devices, as does the partial glass backing which allows for NFC capabilities.
There is an embossed "G" on the back of the device. The model number is G-2PW4100 in the US.
There was a known microphone issue with the device caused by a crack in the solder of the microphone, but Google has addressed the issue.
Technical Specifications ¶
CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 (64 bit quad-core 2.15 GHz + 1.6 GHz)
Memory: 4GB LPDDR4 RAM
Storage: 32 GB or 128 GB
- 5.0 Inch Display
- FHD AMOLED at 441 ppi
- 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass
- Main Camera: 12.3 megapixel, f/2.0 aperture, 1.55μm pixels, Phase detection autofocus + laser detection autofocus
- Front Camera: 8 megapixel, f/2.4 aperture, 1.4 μm pixels, fixed focus
Ports and Connectivity
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2x2 MIMO
- Bluetooth 4.2
- Supports up to CAT 12 (600Mbps DL / 75Mbps UL) depending on carrier support
- USB Type-C
- USB 3.0
- 3.5mm headset jack
- Single Nano SIM
Battery: 2,770 mAh battery
- Size:142 x 68.6 x 5.08 mm (5.6 x 2.7 x 0.2 in)
Additional Information ¶
Google: Official Page
Google Forums: Pixel User Community
Wikipedia: Google Pixel