The Google Pixel is Google's first flagship phone, released on October 20, 2016. The 5-inch AMOLED display device comes with 32 and 128 GB storage options and is available in three colors; Very Silver, Quite Black, and Really Blue.

Correct glue for replacement screen?

I'm replacing my Google Pixel screen, and Amazon recommended I get "Eco-Fused adhesive sticker tape, 2mm". The tape works alright, it took a little bit of layering for a few recessed areas. The first time, the bottom of my screen wouldn't stay in for longer than 30 seconds. Long story short and 4 revisions later, I've gotten the screen to remain fully attached... mostly. The bottom and sides still sit 1/2 to 1/4 of a millimeter above the case edge (was flush with the factory screen), and I know it could be doing better because I can press soon the screen and it will squish back into complete compliance for another minute or so.

As it is now, the screen is functional and the phone has spent a full night in between the bottom of my mattress and my bed slats. Since heating the phone is necessary for removing a screen, does this eco-fused tape need to be heated as well after being applied in order to stick fully and firmly? Should I be using a different adhesive? Since I don't own a heat gun OR a hair dryer... Would the oven work, set to 175 F°?

The tape isn't strong enough.

What I used for a Google pixel XL screen replacement is Tesa 61395 tape which is really strong and b7000 liquid glue to fill in the weak spots or gaps where there is no tape I could put in due to curved areas like corners.

Thank you for the tape recommendation! I'm scared to use liquid glue, as the metal underneath the screen has a lot of holes into the motherboard and battery housing. Is it non-conductive, and soluble, in case I need to get back into the phone later?

It's non conductive and easy to remove from rubbing off.

When it is set it is still easy to remove the screen as well.

Awesome! Thank you!

Sawyer Coe will be eternally grateful.