Fixing scratches on the AirPod charging case
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
The Apple AirPods were announced in September of 2016 alongside the iPhone 7. The headphones communicate wirelessly (conveniently, as the iPhone 7 does not have a headphone jack) using Bluetooth technology. In addition to existing Bluetooth protocol, Apple has introduced the W1 chip into the AirPods, purportedly enhancing wireless connectivity for a better connection and improved sound.
- AirPods (each) - 0.14 ounces (4g)
- Charging Case (each) - 1.34 ounces (34g)
- AirPods (each) - 0.65 by 0.71 by 1.59 inches (16.5 by 18.0 by 40.5 mm)
- Charging Case - 1.74 by 0.84 by 2.11 inches (44.3 by 21.3 by 53.5 mm)
- AirPods - Bluetooth
- Charging Case - Lightning connector
- Dual beam-forming microphones
- Dual optical sensors
- Motion-detecting accelerometer
- Speech-detecting accelerometer