Apple AirPods are wireless headphones released December 2016.

Why is my Airpod case not turning on or connecting to my phone?

I got Airpods in early March and they've been working and feeling great. I dampened them with a moist towelette which might be the problem. I charged them overnight, but it the morning when I opened the case the small light did not light up green, orange, or white and my phone did not connect to them automatically or manually. It may be a charger cord problem. The outlet was doing well with other devices.

Most Helpful Answer

If you haven't tripped possible LSI (liquid submersion indicators) and voided the warranty, take them to Apple and request a repair, they are under warranty. You will void the warranty if you try to repair them yourself. If Apple turns you down, then your warranty has been voided and it doesn't matter if you attempt a repair.

*Get another AirPods case and charge YOUR AirPods units in another case to determine if your case, or either AirPod is bad.*

Do you have any friends that have AirPods? If so ask them if you can put your left and right unit in their case. If both of them charge you'll know they are not the problem. The problem likely lies within the charging case. You can buy another case from Apple for around $70.

If your AirPods don't charge in another case then the problem likely lies with the AirPods. If they do charge I suspect your charging case is to blame.

You should also try the other person airpods in your case to see if your case if fine.

Connor B. will be eternally grateful.