0

10858083
1

Odd trackpad button clicking noise

This morning, my 2 year old MacBook's trackpad button started making these clicking noises every time I pressed on it. But it also depends on where I press down. The noise would be there on the right side sometime, and sometimes on the left. What could be wrong? Thanks

Edited by: oldturkey03 ( ) , rab777hp ( )

What exactly do these clicking noises sound like? How do they differ from that of a normal click? Is the actual upper case surrounding it broken in any way?

rab777hp,

Normally, the sound it would make would this dull, quiet, *thuck*. Now it's this metallic, loud, *CLICK*. Sounds like a spring inside is in the way or something

10858083,

2

lemerise

Something very small could be stuck under your click pad. Try to insert the corner of a paper sheet under the click pad and slide it to remove the "intruder" out. Or buy the newer MacBook Pro, there's no click pad anymore in the trackpad assy LOL...

4

jazzy1
49

I just had the same thing happened and I held down the button and blew really hard into the area. Good as new! A trusty old Nintendo trick! :)

1

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

Try tilting the Book and see if you can get the obstacle into a corner, tapping the button lightly. Then use a business card to push it out.