MacBook Core 2 Duo

Model A1181 / 1.83, 2, 2.1, 2.16, 2.2, or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

Odd trackpad button clicking noise

This morning, my 2 year old MacBook's trackpad button started making these clicking noises every time I pressed on it. But it also depends on where I press down. The noise would be there on the right side sometime, and sometimes on the left. What could be wrong? Thanks

What exactly do these clicking noises sound like? How do they differ from that of a normal click? Is the actual upper case surrounding it broken in any way?

by rab777hp

Normally, the sound it would make would this dull, quiet, *thuck*. Now it's this metallic, loud, *CLICK*. Sounds like a spring inside is in the way or something

by 10858083

Something very small could be stuck under your click pad. Try to insert the corner of a paper sheet under the click pad and slide it to remove the "intruder" out. Or buy the newer MacBook Pro, there's no click pad anymore in the trackpad assy LOL...

Most Helpful Answer

I just had the same thing happened and I held down the button and blew really hard into the area. Good as new! A trusty old Nintendo trick! :)

Try tilting the Book and see if you can get the obstacle into a corner, tapping the button lightly. Then use a business card to push it out.

10858083 will be eternally grateful.