iMac G4

Originally known as "The New iMac" the iMac G4 was created to replace the iMac G3 as Apple's all-in-one desktop computer. The G4 is easily recognizable by its swiveling monitor mounted above the hemispherical computer. Steve Jobs quoted it as being "a design that will last till the next decade."

Any known recent repair guides for iMac G4 1.25ghz 17"?

Hello All,

I am just about to do a RAM and Hard Drive upgrade on my iMac G4 1.25ghz 17" and am wondering if anyone has information on available repair guides. I see that an iFixit guide for that model is still in progress (fantastic!). the only guide that I could find is this one:

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/iMac_...

Also, as I do the upgrade, I'd be happy to supply information and photos to iFixit, if that would be a help.

Thanks,

Randy

Hi guys, could someone send me a copy of repair guide? email is: gr8folpear@att.net My husband has an old G4 in a closet I would love to upgrade for him! Thanks

by Patty

Just sent it! Good Luck. Randy

by randy3833

That's an excellent guide. I did a quick check of ifixit's guides page and it appears you have a clear field to create a guide for this machine. Check the how to page and good luck. + for the attempt.

http://www.ifixit.com/Contribute

+ I have a 700 MHz & 1 Ghz 17" G4 iMac and can work with you if your interested. Click on y icon for my email address.

by mayer

Thanks for the help! I will check with you as I progress. Randy

by randy3833

Thanks for the link on the "how to write a repair guide" information. I'll get set up for the photos and begin the work sometime early this week. I would like to go for writing the guide, using the accepted format. Looking forward to it. Randy

by randy3833

I finished my first guide for this machine tonight. Would someone mind taking a look at it and give me a critique? I have others to follow. My guide has at least one inadvertent photographic omission that I've noticed, but I think the text is clear enough to do without it. I'd love your feedback. Especially since this is my first attempt. Randy

by randy3833

Here's a guide I wrote on changing the battery in it: iMac G4 17 800 MHz EMC 1936 Battery Replacement

Mentioned Items

I've got the official technical repair guide "iMac_flatpanel_usb_2.0" for this device as a .pdf file.

I can send it to you (5.3 Mb) if you provide me with your email address.

mayer@door.net

by mayer

Sending it.

by jimbbo

Got it, thanks.

by mayer

could I get a copy of that file as well? My email address: randy3833@yahoo.com Thanks, Randy

by randy3833

No worries. It's sent. Have fun :o)

by jimbbo

randy3833 will be eternally grateful.