2

randy3833
808

Any known recent repair guides for iMac G4 1.25ghz 17"?

Hello All,

I am just about to do a RAM and Hard Drive upgrade on my iMac G4 1.25ghz 17" and am wondering if anyone has information on available repair guides. I see that an iFixit guide for that model is still in progress (fantastic!). the only guide that I could find is this one:

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/systems/iMac_...

Also, as I do the upgrade, I'd be happy to supply information and photos to iFixit, if that would be a help.

Thanks,

Randy

Edited by: randy3833 ( )

Hi guys, could someone send me a copy of repair guide? email is: gr8folpear@att.net My husband has an old G4 in a closet I would love to upgrade for him! Thanks

Patty,

Just sent it! Good Luck. Randy

randy3833,

4

rj713

That's an excellent guide. I did a quick check of ifixit's guides page and it appears you have a clear field to create a guide for this machine. Check the how to page and good luck. + for the attempt.

http://www.ifixit.com/Contribute

Edited by: rj713 ( )

+ I have a 700 MHz & 1 Ghz 17" G4 iMac and can work with you if your interested. Click on y icon for my email address.

mayer,

Thanks for the help! I will check with you as I progress. Randy

randy3833,

Thanks for the link on the "how to write a repair guide" information. I'll get set up for the photos and begin the work sometime early this week. I would like to go for writing the guide, using the accepted format. Looking forward to it. Randy

randy3833,

I finished my first guide for this machine tonight. Would someone mind taking a look at it and give me a critique? I have others to follow. My guide has at least one inadvertent photographic omission that I've noticed, but I think the text is clear enough to do without it. I'd love your feedback. Especially since this is my first attempt. Randy

randy3833,

3

mayer
MacHale Enterprises

1

jimbbo
217

I've got the official technical repair guide "iMac_flatpanel_usb_2.0" for this device as a .pdf file.

I can send it to you (5.3 Mb) if you provide me with your email address.

mayer@door.net

mayer,

Sending it.

jimbbo,

Got it, thanks.

mayer,

could I get a copy of that file as well? My email address: randy3833@yahoo.com Thanks, Randy

randy3833,

No worries. It's sent. Have fun :o)

jimbbo,