iPhone 5 has red and blue vertical lines running down the lockscreen

So, I dropped my phone in the sink while I was cleaning. I turned it on, as I have had zero experience with possible water damage and it was just a little bit unresponsive, fairly slow and there was some ghost touching. A couple days later, these blue and red lines were running down it and I can not access my phone without being quick, and even then I can't do anything. I hope you have a good answer, because I need to tell my guardian when I'm on the bus, when I'm off, when I'm at home etc. because I'm a student. Please, please, PLEASE help me!

Thanks,

Romy

Hi Romy!

Use this teardown to start your water damage repair.

Then use the Water Damage Guide for how to clean up the phone. Be very careful. The guide really is important because you don't want further corrosion in your phone.

Once everything is taken care of, you will definitely need to replace your screen. Follow this guide for the screen replacement, then another for the home button, and lastly, one for your front camera assembly. The home button, camera, and LCD shield will need to be transferred since they do not come with the new screen.

Good luck and keep us posted!

iPhone 5 LCD Screen and Digitizer Full Assembly Image
iPhone 5 Image

Guide

iPhone 5 Teardown

Difficulty: Moderate

iPhone 5 Home Button Image

Guide

iPhone 5 Home Button Replacement

Difficulty: Moderate45 minutes - 2 hours

iPhone 5 Front Panel Image

Guide

iPhone 5 Front Panel Replacement

Difficulty: Moderate40 minuten - 1 uur

You are a lifesaver! Thank you so much.

You're very welcome! I really hope this helps you out!

Romy will be eternally grateful.