MacBook not turned on when trackpad/keyboard flex is connected
After liquid spill, there were some water inside when opened up the laptop. The battery was dead and no where else showed liquid damage (red sticker). Cleaned with isopropyl alcohol to be sure.
At first it was fine turning on but found the battery dead so ordered new battery.
After changed to new battery it was hard to turn on but when finally got it turned on, trackpad/keyboard wouldn't work.
Found burned marks on the flex cable from logic board to trackpad, replaced it. Also replaced keyboard.
-The laptop now only turn on if I remove the flex and short the laptop.
-When the flex is connected, it would not turn on no matter how hard I tried(no fan no sound no nothing). When SMC reset while flex is connected, the light turn from orange to green for a sec or two then back to orange for charging.
-Battery won't charge at all with the flex cable connected, it did charge if flex cable is not connected.
I had new keyboard and flex yet nothing works quite right, should I even try to replace trackpad?
Is this a good question?