Released on September 19, 2014, this 5.5" screen iPhone is the larger version of the iPhone 6.

Can I upgrade the iPhone 6 Plus from 64 GB storage to 128 GB

Is it possible to switch out the 64 GB flash drive in my iPhone 6 Plus and put in the 128 GB drive instead? Was this possible in older iPhone models?

well. not suggest to do that, as for my iPhone, i have change the screen, and after changed, the screen doesn't work well now, even though i changed the screen provided by apple. So i think it's better to not change everything in an iPhone.

To get enough storage, there are many other tips, you can refer to them: http://t.cn/R54aH53

There is no flash drive just soldered flash memory chips.

Sadly, you'll need to swap out the complete logic board which is quite expensive! Best to sell and buy a new unit with the larger storage.

UPDATE

While the flash chip can be replaced it does take a bit of skill, availability of the chip and the needed programer. This it's not a DIY project for a good 90% of us.

Even still as Tom pointed out there are risks if the upgrade will be stable and its already known some actions don't work correctly.

Given the market its still better to buy a new phone! If you must trade it in or even sell it your self to recover a good part of the costs of a new phone.

You can resolder a bigger chip onto it, then you'd have to do some factory level programming to initialize the chip and write config data into it, which i don't know if it is possible.

UPDATE:

It is possible now, some Chinese repair shops are offering this upgrade:

http://www.askci.com/news/chanye/2015/10...

Based on customer feedback, if all serial number/MAC addresses are rewritten properly, the phone works with no problems. However Activation Lock seems non-functional, you can successfully enable find my iPhone on it, locate it remotely, but after a DFU forced restore, the phone can just be activated again without having to reenter your apple ID.

And whether new updates or activation server changes will improve or destroy the phones are not known.

So that article is telling me that I can infact do it myself. I mean with Verizon, if I put in a new chip with a different meid and serial number, i can just register a different phone, no problem. My warranty is up so I don't need that information anymore. Am I wrong to think I can do this myself? I am a pretty handy engineer.

Go ahead and do it. Sounds like you are smart enough to figure it out.

Yes you can. But the only way is change the flash ic inside logic board and need to reprogram the serial no. same as your existing flash ic serial no.

So.......no.

In Texas we call this the stuff that drops out of a horse's back side.

It is possible now and some people are already offering this service.

Where? I'd pay to have it done

Brett Denaro will be eternally grateful.