Nintendo's upgraded version of the Nintendo 3DS. It features bigger screens, longer battery life, and a better design.

How do I remove a stripped screw in a Nintendo 3DS?

I have a Nintendo 3DS XL Pokemon Y Edition. First off, the reason that there is a stripped screw is because of me trying to fix another problem.

Like many other users, my system fell victim to the "black screen of death." Meaning the Wifi card needed some tinkering with.

The steps that are found here:

How do I fix my 3DS Error Problem?

Before attempting that, I looked around to see what size screwdriver I should be using. Many suggested a size x000 screwdriver. Which I tried, but I found that one found in an eyeglass repair kit worked wonders.

Now to my problem. One of the screw that is located under one of the rubber stoppers was screwed in way too tight. The screwdriver I had would catch in the grooves of the screw, but the screw itself would not turn.

I have tried methods that involve using a rubber band and balloons. and using a flat head screwdriver in that narrow crevice proved to be difficult.

At this point, I realize I'll need a new screw, but right now, my concern is getting this one screw out.

Any tips or suggestions?

See these What are your tips/tricks for removing or extracting stripped screws?.

If this answer is acceptable please remember to return and mark it accepted.

I'm not fully familiar with a dremel. Would the tool be narrow enough to fit into the sunken groove that the screw is in without damaging the casing?

A small drill bit or cutting disk, not the full tool. A dremel is essentially a finger sized drill. Depending on the model you can hold the chuck or tool with your fingers allowing you to get in close in small places and see what you're doing. If you go the dremel route (or any drilling) cover the rest of the board/machine with plastic wrap so as to keep shavings from shorting out the board.

Dracos will be eternally grateful.