0

Janet Huang
1

Oil inside Screen...Will it Dry?

I accidentally spilled a bottle of essential oil inside my bag with my iPod Touch still inside.

It works fine...for now but there is large oilstain marks (like pockets of oil) inside the screen and everything is a lot darker.

Will it dry out over time or should I try to open it and clean the screen out. I don't want it to short circuit randomly one day.

I plugged it into my computer in hopes that the heat will warm and dry the oil inside...Would this be a good idea?

Edited by: rab777hp ( )

2

rab777hp

Probably not the best idea, if you know what heat does to oil...

If you act quickly perhaps there will be no damage to the LCD, what you need to do is use this guide to remove the glass, and clean off all the oil residue. You can soak the front panel in rubbing alcohol, and use a paper towel with rubbing alcohol on it to carefully wipe any residue off the LCD.

+ Ralph

rj713,

+ The oil is a liquid that can cause shorts just like any other!

machead3,

0

danahcayton
1

I have oil in my MacBook Pro's screen. I have no idea how to get it out. [ It's been there for two days now. ] Can anyone tell me how to get it out? PLEASE D:

Thank you

Post this as a separate question

rab777hp,