Model A1181: 1.83, 2, 2.1, 2.13, 2.16, 2.2, or 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo processor

How do I disable a key on my keyboard

I spilled some milk on my keyboard and want to disable the command key and maybe change another key to delete because that doesn't work now also. Is there a way of doing this?

Take a look at the OS X system preferences under Keyboard there is a button on the lower-right named "Modifier keys" where you can define which actions should be taken by the modifier keys (caps-lock, ctrl, cmd,...). There's an option to disable the cmd key.

And with the free software DoubleCommand you can swap the delete key with the Caps Lock key.

http://www.simplehelp.net/2008/09/08/how...

+ good, but what about removing the offending keys and cleaning?

Michael could try to remove the key and clean the milk under it but when a keyboard key has no response after a liquid spill the problem is inside the keyboard and not under the key. The best move is to replace the whole top case with a clean used one. You can find one under $50 on eBay.

will this work for arrow keys?

hel\p me my dash bbutton\ is stuck and co\nstantl\y appears when i am typing .\.\ i have taken the key cap o\ff and brok\en the nippl\e but this stil\l\ happens, do\es anyon\e have any advise, can I disabl\e this key?

Lift the key

Cut off the silicone nipple with a pair of dykes or a scalpel. If the key does not compress the nipple there will be no "action" of the key.

If this answer is acceptable please return and mark it.

Good Luck,

N.

I have almost the same problem, but it's Shift that is stuck so I won't be helped by the standard system settings in os x.

I actually (in some type of anger) tried cutting the silicone nipple off myself, but it's still pressed. Can't really tell whether it's the L or R shift. I decided it was the left because it didn't work at all. The right one responds.

Nothing have helped so far, and I tried installing keyremap4macbook but making changes there makes no difference what so ever, it's still active(?)

The biggest problem with having the shift constantly pressed is that on reboot, the computer chooses the internal keyboard instead of the external, which works just fine when the computer is on. But starting the computer with shift pressed turns it on in safe mode, which is horrible. No sound, no watching video etc.

i have this same problem; actually that is why i can·t write in small letters

about the reboot; if you press (for example) fn; ctrl; alt; cmd all together the system somehow think you have somehting pressing all the keyboard and starts in a normal way

now trying the way to deactivate this shift :(

I used Karabiner for this. But this only works when you're already logged in, só I had to change my password for the key `(the same with ˜). That's the only key not modified. Worked well... So far.

Here's some crazy guy who teachs you how to clean it up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCT-CldP...

michael Fordham will be eternally grateful.