Different Carrier iPhone Logic Board Swap?

I have an AT&t iPhone 5 that got damaged while someone else was trying to replace the battery. While trying to remove the battery they scratched what I think is a flex cable underneath the battery. Now the phone wont show anything on the screen. I also have a Verizon iPhone 5 that is stuck in a boot loop and has a bad IMEI. I was wondering if anyone knows if I can swap the logic boards for these phones. I am aware that AT&T is a GSM carrier and that Verizon is a CDMA carrier, but I don't know if any of the hardware in the phone is different. Any help is appreciated!

Most Helpful Answer

you can switch them, but you might as well just move the VZ screen to the ATT and see what happens. A flex cable under the battery in unlikely to have any bearing on the display as long as the phone is turning on.

The AT&T iPhone screen light up but it's just black. I'll try the LCD first. Thanks for your response!

i swapped the boards like this said to and now the sim won't read. everything else is working fine. any suggestions?

re: rockr411----if backlight is working but you have no image, then you almost certainly have pry damage at connector areas--check under the black sticker. this is repairable.

re: jordan lowry---make sure time/date are correct and give phone a hard reset. report back

The hardware is different, you may end up with a little or very significant reception issues but I'm not sure, you have to try to find out.

Everything started working normal after first charge. Successfull swap with no issues whatsoever. It's like I have a new phone

Hi Tom,

I have an iphone 5s from t-mobile, that has bad imei. Is there anyway to renew, replace imei or this will work if i just swap a new motherboard. Also, do you know where can i buy an original iphone 5s motherboard, and does it matter which phone company is it from? Also, how long was your new motherboard working? I have read different thing on different forum that says it only lasted 3 months?

Thank You

I have been successful with this swap every time. The hardware is exactly the same.

Is this new phone known based on the logic board or the rest of the hardware? I mean if I put a Tmobile logic board into Sprint - should I consider a GSM Tmobile?

I am not sure if I am reading correct are you saying that if I change the motherboard of my Verizon Iphone 5 with a AT&T motherboard it will work and fit properly?

You can switch logic boards and everything will work fine. I just installed my Verizon logic board from my phone into an AT&T GSM phone body. Works perfectly. My sleep wake button work again and there are zero antenna issues.

Ryu I'm curious as well. Has anyone else successfully implemented the swap??

Also, like the question above, does anyone know where to purchase an original iphone 5 logicboard?

Will swapping wipe out the icloud or will that still be locked after the swap<

When you change a logic board it is basically a completely different phone.

Is this new phone known based on the logic board or the rest of the hardware? I mean if I put a Tmobile logic board into Sprint - should I consider the phone as a GSM Tmobile?

rockr411 will be eternally grateful.