iPhone 5 Overheating after Water Damage and cleaning
Hi. I went swimming in a saltwater pool for about 30 minutes with my iPhone 5 in my pocket. Never tried to turn it back on. Left it in rice for 4 days, then took it completely apart using the iPhone 5 teardown guide here. Removed the EMI shield, as well. Cleaned the board, connectors, basically everything I could find with 91% alcohol and a small brush. I did not replace the EMI shield... just left it off. I also replaced the battery.
When I plugged the phone in and tried to turn it on, it got really hot to touch on the back of the phone, and the LCD was blank. Took it back apart, cleaned the connectors again and made sure they were seated properly.
After putting it back together, I plugged it in and got the dead battery symbol (meaning the LCD did work). Let it charge for hours, and when I turned it on, I only had 6% battery, got the overheating warning, and the touchscreen was completely unresponsive.
Any ideas what to check next?
Is this a good question?