These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
A2649 US, A2881 Canada/Mexico/Japan/Saudi Arabia, A2882 Global, A2883 Russia, A2884 China
Get your free iPhone 14 wallpapers! Choose from iFixit or Creative Electron (X-ray) versions. Looking for more? Check out our other wallpaper posts!
The iPhone 14 was announced on September 7th, 2022 alongside its brothers and sisters the Plus, Pro and Pro Max, and released on September 16th, It features the A15 Bionic chip but with a 5-core GPU.
While the international model accepts both a physical SIM card and eSIM, the US version got away with the SIM card reader and only supports eSIM (dual e-SIM). The new feature Emergency SOS via satellite is only available in the US and Canada.
iFixit initially awarded the iPhone 14 a 7/10 repairability score, making it one of the highest-scoring iPhones ever, due to its innovative repair-friendly design. However, after receiving extensive feedback from the repair community, iFixit downrated the score to 4/10 in September 2023.
You can identify the iPhone 14 by the one of the following model numbers printed on the inside back of the Lightning (charge) port. Flip the iPhone over (with the screen facing away from you) to see it.
You can also find the model number through the phone's UI by going to the Settings app and navigating to General > About. Tap on the number listed in the Model Number section and it should change to a format that looks like the numbers above.
The iPhone 14 features a 6.1 in (diagonal) flat glass screen, thin black bezels, and a notch at the top of the screen to accommodate a speaker and selfie camera. The back cover is glass and the edge frame is made from flat anodized aluminum.
Volume controls can be found on the left edge while the power button is situated on the right. A rectangular camera "bump" containing two diagonally-aligned cameras protrudes slightly from the back case. This model has no home button.
The iPhone 14 can be differentiated from the iPhone 13 by the lack of a SIM tray (for US models only).
Dimensions: 146.7 × 71.5 × 7.80 mm (5.78 × 2.82 × 0.31 in)
Weight: 172 g (6.07 oz)
Water Resistance: IP68
Colors: Midnight, Purple, Starlight, (PRODUCT)RED, or Blue
Operating System: iOS 16
A15 Bionic with 5-core GPU
- 6‑core CPU with 2 performance and 4 efficiency cores
- 5‑core GPU
- 16‑core Neural Engine
RAM: 6 GB
Storage: 128, 256, or 512 GB
Battery: 3279 mAh, 12.68 Wh
- 6.1-inch “Super Retina XDR” OLED
- Ceramic Shield glass technology
- Haptic Touch
- 2532 × 1170 pixel resolution (460 ppi)
- 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical)
- True Tone
- P3 wide color gamut
- 800 nits max brightness (typical), 1200 nits peak (HDR)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
Double primary camera:
- Main module
- 12 MP
- ƒ/1.5 aperture
- Sensor-shift optical image stabilization (OIS)
- Autofocus with 100% Focus Pixels
- Seven-element lens
- Ultra-wide module (120° field of view, 2x optical zoom)
- 12 MP
- ƒ/2.4 aperture
- Five-element lens
TrueDepth selfie camera with Face ID:
- 12 MP
- ƒ/1.9 aperture
- 4K video recording, up to 60 fps
- Six‑element lens
- Retina Flash
- Face ID
- Three-axis gyro
- High-g accelerometer (Crash Detection)
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- 802.11ax Wi‑Fi 6 with 2x2 MIMO
- 5G (sub-6 GHz in all models (mmWave only US-model)
- Gigabit LTE with 4x4 MIMO (LAA only US-model)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Apple-designed U1 Ultra Wideband chip for spatial awareness
- NFC with reader mode
- Express Cards with power reserve
- Official Apple page: iPhone 14