Dual Hard Drive
- Graphics Cards (1)
- Hard Drive Enclosures (2)
- Hard Drives (1)
- Hard Drives (SATA) (5)
- Logic Boards (2)
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
There are no troubleshooting guides for the iMac Intel 24" EMC 2134 and 2211 at this time.
You can cost-effectively upgrade a number of components in the iMac Intel 20" EMC 2134 and 2211.
- Memory: The iMac Intel 20" EMC 2134 and 2211 shipped with 1 or 2 GB of RAM. EMC 2134 iMacs use PC2-5300 RAM while EMC 2211 iMacs use PC2-6400 RAM. If your iMac is still running with only the stock RAM, upgrading will provide a dramatic performance boost at minimal cost. Upgrading to the maximum of 6 GB can be done very easily.
- Hard Drive: 320 GB hard drives came standard with the iMac Intel 24" EMC 2134 and 2211. You can upgrade the drive up to 2 TB.
Identification and Background ¶
You can verify that you have a iMac Intel 20" EMC 2134 and 2211 by checking the processor information through "About This Mac" in the Apple menu.
Use the iMac identification system to help you identify your machine. iMacs tend to look very similar, and it's important to know which machine you have before ordering any replacement parts.
Internally, the iMac Intel 24" EMC 2134 and 2211 were nearly identical to the late 2006 plastic intel iMacs. 2.4, 2.8, and 3.06 GHz Core 2 duo processors and an external graphics card set the performance of EMC 2134 and 2211 iMacs apart from previous generations.
The style of the new aluminum iMacs are a dramatic departure from the white plastic encased iMacs of the past. The aluminum iMacs were to match the design of the original iPhone, both released at nearly the same time. The glass front panel allows for a richer viewing experience, and even with aluminum and glass accents the 20" aluminum iMac is still lighter than all previous 20" iMac generations.
Technical Specs ¶
- Height 20.5 inches (52.0 cm)
- Width 22.4 inches (56.9 cm)
- Depth 8.1 inches (20.7 cm)
- Weight 25.4 pounds (11.5 kg)
- One FireWire 400 port and one FireWire 800 port; 7 watts each
- Three USB 2.0 ports
- Gigabit Ethernet
Wireless Connectivity: ¶
- Built-in AirPort Extreme Wi-Fi 802.11n wireless networking; IEEE 802.11a/b/g compatible
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.1
- Built-in stereo speakers with Internal 24-watt digital amplifier
- Headphone/optical digital audio output (minijack)
- Audio line in/optical digital audio input (minijack)
- Built-in microphone
- 24-inch glossy widescreen TFT LCD with 1920×1200 resolution
Graphics and video: ¶
- ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO graphics processor with 256 MB of GDDR3 memory or NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS graphics processor with 512 MB of GDDR3 memory
- Built-in iSight camera
2.8 GHz or 3.06 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor
- 1 GB (one 1-GB SO-DIMM) or 2 GB (two 1-GB SO-DIMMs) of 800 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 6 GB
- 320 GB SATA hard disk drive (7200 RPM)
- Optional 500 GB, 750 GB, or 1 TB disks
- DVD/CD Slot-loading 8x SuperDrive