These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For more information regarding common issues with the Sony ICFC1T check out Sony ICF-C1T Troubleshooting
Identification and Background ¶
This space saver alarm clock/radio is light and stylish. It comes equipped with a backup battery so that in the event of a power outage, it will continue keeping time ensuring that you never miss an important event. The large 1 inch LCD display is easy-to-read and amber color can be seen across the room. It is available in two colors, both of which have a mirror finish front screen for a sleek look. The dual alarm function allows you to set two different alarms that can be set to buzzer or AM/FM radio. This features an alarm that is a gradual wake alarm that wakes you slowly and not as abruptly as many other alarm clock systems available on the market.
This clock features an automatic time set. No matter where you are in the world, the clock will set itself to the time zone you are in.
Major complaints about this alarm clock/radio are that it is too bright (even on low setting) at night and can disturb a person attempting to fall asleep. There are also numerous complaints of the radio (sometimes even when not turned on) emitting a static sound that can be fairly annoying to anyone around.
- Sony ICFC1T FM/AM Alarm Clock Radio with Mirror Finish
- Available in Black or White
- Internal back-up battery gives you peace of mind in case of power cuts
- Large, easy-to-read LCD Display
- Clock: 12-hour system
- Auto-clock Technology: Automatic Time Set and Automatic Daylight Savings Time Adjustment No Power, No Problem Alarm
- Convenience: Snooze with extendable snooze system set from 10-60 minutes
- Dual alarm (choose from radio or buzzer)
- Sleep timer: 15/30/60/90 minutes
- Backlight color: Amber
- Day/Night function: Three step brightness control (Hi, Mid, Low mode)
- Circuit Board:
- Alarm Clock (Main IC): 87BB08A 36pin SMD (No Datasheet/No Branding/Unknown Manufacturer)
- Radio Tuner IC: Silicon Labs- Si4831/24pin/SMD
- Audio Amplifier IC: ST Micro-TDA2822D
- Power requirements: 120 V AC, 60 Hz
- Power Back-up : 3 V DC, one CR2032 Lithium Battery
- Analog AM/FM Tuner
- Frequency Range : FM 87.5 MHz - 108 MHz, 0.1 MHz Steps AM 530 kHz - 1710 kHz. 10 kHz Steps
Weights and Measurements ¶
- Dimensions (Approx.) : 4"x 4" x 4" (101 x 102 x 101 mm) not including projecting parts and controls
- Weight (Approx.) : 1 lb. 13 oz. (490 g.) including CR2032 battery