A Glass / Touch Panel
1 Archived Guide
- Charger Boards (3)
- Digitizers (1)
- Displays (7)
- Dock Connectors (3)
- Front Panels (1)
- Headphone Jacks (4)
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
Released in April of 2013, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is the fourth in the Samsung Galaxy S line. The S4 has a slightly larger screen than the SIII, clocking in at 5 inches with a Full HD 1080x1920 display upping the pixel density from 306ppi to 441ppi.
Notable improvements come with the 13 MP rear- and 2.1 MP front- facing camera, with full HD video-recording capabilities, and with the updated Exynos 5 Octa processor. It is the first phone to offer an 8-core chip, consisting of four Cortex-A15 cores clocked at 1.6GHz and four Cortex-A7s clocked at 1.2GHz so that it can handle both highly-demanding and less-demanding tasks while theoretically maintaing a solid battery life. Other improvements come with 2 GB or RAM and notable software updates, with features such as eye-tracking to make the S4 even more involved in your life, earning it the title of Life Companion.
Diagnose any issues you may be having with your Galaxy S4 using our Galaxy S4 Troubleshooting Page.
- 3G (HPSA+ 42 Mbps): 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- 4G (LTE Cat 3 100/50 Mbps): up to Hexa band
- 4.99 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920x1080) display (441 ppi)
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 13 Megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
- 2 Megapixel front-facing camera with full HD recording
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (HT80), GPS/GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE), IR LED, MHL 2.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, RGB light, digital compass, proximity, gyroscope, barometer, IR gesture, temperature & humidity
- 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16/32/64 GB user memory + microSD up to 64 GB
- 2600 mAh user-replaceable battery
- 136.6 mm x 69.8 mm x 7.9 mm, 130 g