These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Background and Identification ¶
Released in April of 2013, the Samsung Galaxy S4 is the fourth in the Samsung Galaxy S line. The S4 has a slightly larger screen than the SIII, clocking in at 5 inches with a Full HD 1080x1920 display upping the pixel density from 306ppi to 441ppi.
Notable improvements come with the 13 MP rear- and 2.1 MP front- facing camera, with full HD video-recording capabilities, and with the updated Exynos 5 Octa processor. It is the first phone to offer an 8-core chip, consisting of four Cortex-A15 cores clocked at 1.6GHz and four Cortex-A7s clocked at 1.2GHz so that it can handle both highly-demanding and less-demanding tasks while theoretically maintaing a solid battery life. Other improvements come with 2 GB or RAM and notable software updates, with features such as eye-tracking to make the S4 even more involved in your life, earning it the title of Life Companion.
- 3G (HPSA+ 42 Mbps): 850/900/1900/2100 MHz
- 4G (LTE Cat 3 100/50 Mbps): up to Hexa band
- 4.99 inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920x1080) display (441 ppi)
- Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- 13 Megapixel rear-facing camera with LED flash
- 2 Megapixel front-facing camera with full HD recording
- Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac (HT80), GPS/GLONASS, NFC, Bluetooth 4.0 (BLE), IR LED, MHL 2.0
- Sensors: accelerometer, RGB light, digital compass, proximity, gyroscope, barometer, IR gesture, temperature & humidity
- 2 GB LPDDR3 RAM, 16/32/64 GB user memory + microSD up to 64 GB
- 2600 mAh user-replaceable battery
- 136.6 mm x 69.8 mm x 7.9 mm, 130 g