The Samsung Galaxy S4, model i9505, features a 13-megapixel rear camera, and a 5-inch 1080p display.

data and text work fine. Can not make or receive phone calls

I can send and receive text, google questions, even replay voice mail. phone calls do not come in or go out.

all else works

Am I supposed to swipe before answering with the green icon?

did any one find out how to fix this

With my phone everything works but when I call someone I can not hear them and they hear this loud high pitched noise. I know it is not my microphone because I can still call on messenger. The same thing happens when I receive a call from someone.

My samsung s4 works completely fine at times but sometimes when i make a call it wont go through. The other person will get a call but it will be silent and neither will i be able to hear anything. It continues like this unless i restart my phone. I had this problem with my last samsung so i bought a new one. Please help

I had the same issue. I turned off the noise reduction feature and I was able to make & receive calls immediately.

Hi Neal,

First, restart your phone by holding the power button for 10 seconds. Make sure free calling apps like Viber, Tango or Skype isn't your default calling app or simply uninstall these free calling apps.

You should also check your call settings. Open the phone app -> tap on Menu -> tap on Call settings - > then scroll to the bottom and choose "Use Internet Calling" under Internet Call Settings. Make sure that "Only Internet Calls" is selected. I hope this will help you.

I was looking around under- Phone Dial Pad ----> Menu ------> Call Settings ------> Noise Reduction (I turned this setting off and it seems to have solved the problem..... for now, haha )

Thanks Barrett. Turning off the noise reduction feature worked for me as well!!! Thank you soooo much!

Thank you so much this worked. You are my lifesaver I was ready to cry

Beware! My S4 could send / receive texts, download from internet, four or five bars (reception), but still couldn't make or receive calls. To make more confusing, my wife could make / receive calls on her iphone with same carrier (att.) Spent hours trying to resolve, then finally went to ATT store. Now could make / receive calls! Turns out, ATT tower by my residence had GSM voice outage (her phone cdma), but neglected to tell any of the customers in the area. So before you begin the quest to fix the phone, get the phone out of the immediate vicinity and see if it will make calls. Hope this saves someone some aggravation.

I had the same problem, tried all the above. I could only use the phone in Wi-Fi mode.

I powered down the phone several times with no success.

Finally, I shut off phone, removed battery and sim card, waited a few minutes and then

replaced them. when I turned on the phone the problem was resolved.

Thanks, this worked for me. and it was a simple solution and it makes me wonder if the other more complicated ways to fix this could simply be bypassed by this method. I was not able to make calls for three days, after removing the battery and replacing it (I forgot to remove the Sim card) it worked again as usual.

worked for me too. Thanks to you.

I found the problem with my phone. I can get data, internet, text, but no voice phone. It turned out to be the radio antenna for phones calls. The grey wire on the right side was getting pinched when I screwed the back on. I also lifted the usb flex circuit board slightly, from the right. Cleaned the contact between the board and the antenna contact on the frame and pressed it back. That fixed it. So, check your grey wire connections or try replacing the wire.

Phone radio has a different antenna than wifi, 4g, Bluetooth. Etc.

where do you get the gray antenna?

After the screen repair, data worked but no calls... I've opened and and I didn't connect the white coaxial cable on the right...

Now they are working

Your problem same with my phone.. You try type *#06# your IMEI no will appear on your screen.. I believe..your screen will appear ( invalid ) that's why your phone can't call in and out..this is your h.phone problem..not your sim.. You can put your IMEI no back and make a call in out normally.. Follow this step to put IMEI on your phone.. Take your IMEI no at the battery area normally, or get it from your HP box...if your hp have a 2 sim you must be a 2 IMEI no..copy that and follow this step..

1) type *#*#3646633#*#*

2) choose Connectivity

3) choose CDS Information

4) choose Radio Information

5) choose phone 1

6) you can see AT+ on your screen.. Just add E and your screen will appear AT+EGMR=1,7,""

7) put your IMEI no between "" for example :

( AT+EGMR=1,7,"123456789" )

8) don't forget you must modified a little bit things, just put

the "space" between AT+ for example :

( AT *put space here* +EGMR=1,7,"123456789" )

9) and push button SEND AT COMMAND

10) on your bottom screen will appear

(AT command is mSent) in 3-4 second.

11) if your HP have a 2 simcard you must have a 2 IMEI no

12) to put second IMEI no just follow step 5 and choose

"Phone 2" after finished setup 1st IMEI at the same time

13) follow step 6 and choose ( AT+EGMR=1,10,"" ) and follow

the step until step 10.

14) after finish the setup just restart your HP

15) after restart type *#06# and your IMEI no will appear,

and your phone will be OK. If not working send your HP

to your hp service centre..TQ..GOOD LUCK.

My sumsung galazy tab 4 cannot make or receive call

The only problem my phone has, i can use it to call and receive internet calls but i can't use to received call.

I was having problems receiving and making phone calls. No calls were coming in and I couldn't make any calls. The dialer would timeout and no calls would ever go through. After looking through the threads on this I noticed many people had the same issue mostly with Samsung phones. So I thought it was my phone as I have a Samsung Galaxy 6. I also happen to use my old iPhone 4 as an iPod in the car or with earbuds and I noticed that lately it was showing up with missed calls. After reading the threads with no ideas given on how to fix the no call issue I decided to try test. I have always left me iPhone 4 in my car right outside the garage and back door of my house so after retrieving the iPhone from the car I turned it off and restarted my Samsung Galaxy 6. After doing this I was able to make and receive calls again! Hallelujah!! This is happened to me with a Galaxy 4 and the Galaxy 5 and I could never find the fix. It would just start working later on and I never knew how or why it started working again. So to recap if your phone will not make or receive calls check and make sure you do not have another Verizon phone somewhere that you used to use that is turned on. I cannot be sure but I think it's just this iPhone 4 that I have since it doesn't have a SIM card that has been giving me problems. I hope this help someone as I found this extremely frustrating and had it happen to me on several different phones. I would hate to think that someone would go out and buy brand new phones, waste their time at a Verizon store, or anything else when my problem was very simple to fix.

I have same problem but no old phone laying around to mess with so I got a new sim card from tesco didn't help I bought a new phone 2nd hand as under contract still does same thing I erased all data and accounts and reinstalled it still no luck been a month now and my phone won't work

This worked for me and haven't had any more problems dialing out. Take the back off, remove the battery, unplug the SIM, replace everything.

I went to the chat settings on the top, turned noticications on and asked the person whom I wished to call to do the same thing, and boom it worked! hope this helped since I was having the same exact problem.

I had the same exact problem, what I did was go to the chat settings, turn notifications on, and asked the person whom I was trying to call to do the same, and boom it worked! I really hope this helps.

Just turn phone off for a minute. Everything should be working when you turn it back on.

Worked for us.

Appears to be a. AT&T problem, because my husband has a different phone and we both had the same problem at the same time.

Here's what i did, i turned off my phone, took out my sim card, placed my sim card onto another phone, tried dialling out, and it worked on my other phone

(If it does not work, its the card or your account's problem). I placed the sim card back into my old phone and it returned to normal.

If that doesn't work, you can try the method described on this youtube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4rEUEWp...

If it still does not work, then you can try going to application manager, ALL, Uninstall Google Inc. (Which gives you updates all the time)

If it still does not work, you may have to reset it to factory settings.

Finally if it still does not work, then i am afraid you will have to bring to to Samsung branch to get a technician to take a look at it.

Hope this helps!

Well I had this problem both on iPhone and an android phone,and I solved by turning on "show my call I'd " did this by going to settings--> calls---> then caller ID ... this setting should be in network default as some networks don't support turning off your caller ID status

Troubleshoot issue of making a call or can’t receive call on android device. There are several causes for android phone not receiving calls such as no signal in android device or phone doesn’t ring or consistent busy signal. This can’t receive incoming calls on android phone.

Other issue of not making calls is phone icon is missing, SIM card not recognized, can’t answer ringing call, poor signal and other reasons.

1. Check network signal

2. Turn on airplane mode

3. Check for app updates & software update

4. Check Wi-Fi calling not set for receiving incoming calls

5. Manually set Network on your device

6. Use safe mode to check any app cause the problem

7. Reset android device

To see details solutions with screen shot use this article. fix android phone not receiving calls or can’t make call. I hope one of these android tips solve your problem. If you find it helpful, share with others.

Neal Dunn will be eternally grateful.