These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Check out our Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra teardown wallpapers! Choose from iFixit or Creative Electron (X-ray) versions.
Background and Identification
The Galaxy S20 Ultra is Samsung’s 2020 flagship, featuring 5G capability, up to 16 GB of RAM, up to 512 GB of onboard storage, and a 6.9” display that refreshes at 120 Hz. It keeps last year’s IP68 rating and massively upgrades the battery capacity to 5,000 mAh. US models get a Snapdragon 865, while international models get an Exynos 990.
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 (octa-core processor with one 2.84 GHz core, three 2.42 GHz cores, and four 1.8 GHz cores) or Samsung Exynos 990 (octa-core with two M5 cores, two Cortex-A76 cores, and four Cortex-A55 cores)
- Memory: 12/16 GB LPDDR5 RAM
- Storage: 128/256/512 GB internal memory (expandable via microSD card)
- 6.9 inch curved panel
- 3200 x 1440 pixels (511 ppi)
- Dynamic AMOLED 2X Infinity-O display
- Main Camera: Four-lens camera with a 12 MP ƒ/2.2 ultra-wide lens, a 108 MP ƒ/1.8 wide-angle lens, a 48 MP ƒ/3.5 telephoto lens with Space Zoom, and a DepthVision sensor consisting of a VGA camera and infrared sensor.
- Front-facing Camera: 40 MP lens with ƒ/2.2 aperture
- Ports and Connectivity
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4/5GHz) MIMO
- Bluetooth v5.0
- USB Type-C
- Battery: 5,000 mAh integrated li-ion battery
- Size: 166.9 x 76.0 x 8.8 mm (6.57 x 2.99 x 0.35 in)
- Weight: 220 g (7.76 oz)
- Additional Features
- IP68 water/dust resistance rating (1.5 meters underwater up to 30 minutes)