PlayStation 4 Slim Teardown
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
For quick help with diagnosing and solving issues with your PS4 Slim, check out the troubleshooting page.
Background and Identification ¶
The Sony PlayStation 4 Slim is a television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment. Announced on September 7, 2016, this model offers nearly identical internal specs to the original PlayStation 4, but offers a significant design upgrade. Most notably, this Playstation is appreciably smaller than its predecessor, with its volume reduced 30% and its weight reduced 25%. Additionally, this Playstation offers improved energy efficiency, with 34% less power consumption. The PS4 Slim also supports HDR content, providing a greater range of dynamic lighting and visual effects. This console plays the same library of downloadable or disk-based games as the other PS4 models.
The PS4 Slim’s model and serial number are located on the original packaging and on the back of the system.
- CPU: x86-64 AMD “Jaguar”, 8 cores
- GPU: 1.84 TFLOPS, AMD Radeon™ graphics based engine
- RAM: GDDR5 8 GB
- HD: 500 GB removable and upgradable to 1 TB
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Wireless, Bluetooth 4.0, Ethernet 10/100/1000
- Ports: USB 3.1, AUX, HDMI
- Dimensions: 10.43 x 11.34 x 1.54 in / 265 x 39 x 288 mm