Parts & Tools

A television game console produced by Sony Computer Entertainment; the PlayStation 4 Slim (CUH-2000 Series) is a thinner replacement model for the original PS4. Announced September 7, 2016.

Strange peice fell out during disassembly

I had to tear apart the console because a disk was stuck inside and a small silver peice shaped kind of like a t that says p1 on it and a black L peice with two screw holes one bigger than the other fell out

I had another peice fall out

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Nintendo Switch Kits

A quick fix to get back in the game

Shop Switch Kits

Both of these are located under the panel that sits just above the power supply, if you're looking at the PS4 from above, with the fan at the top left and BD-ROM drive at the top right. With this orientation, you'll notice a pocket to the left of the heat sink which the black piece drops into. If you look at the left side of the plastic frame, you'll notice the Playstation symbols with the circle actually being a hole which is for a vertical stand, which screws into that black piece. The silver piece is almost directly opposite of the black piece, sitting on the BD-ROM drive near the bottom right corner of it. You'll probably notice some light markings from the metal contact. I've included two pictures below of these in place, please forgive me for the poor image quality.

I know this was asked a while back but it took me a while to figure out where these things went since I had no idea where they came from when they fell out. Hopefully this will help someone else who has the same question.

Black piece:

Silver piece:

Hey Adam. I’m having the sme issue but notice that your pics (silver piece in particular) aren’t linking anymore. I’m really struggling to find out where that silver piece goes. Have you stil got that pic by any chance? Thanks a lot for the help! Cheers. Clay

@dj-vibe I apologize, I just saw your comment and I'm not sure what happened to the original pictures, but I've edited my original comment and uploaded them properly. I've circled the pieces in question. Hopefully the details are clear enough if you're still wondering about this.

Thanks a lot man. [br]

I was going to assemble the ps4 with those leftover pieces, but my conscience would not let me.

Thank you very much Adam, I had managed to work out the black part when I couldn't put a screw where I knew one should go, it would have been impossible to position the silver one without your photo.

Thanks Adam Baldwin for that. The silver one came off and we didnt know where to put it so 10/10

Guys, help me please! This part fell out when I tried to remove the heatsink. Don’t you know where this thing is going?

Hi Bence,

I have just had this exact problem - luckily I was able to figure it out with a little detective work. I know through research not many people even know this exists and it’s very rare for it to fall out. But when it does… if you don’t have any pictures it’s a HUGE problem.

This fell out on me after I flipped the PlayStation upside down to get to the screws of the power supply side… so after a little panic and research I came across a video of the same mode that has this and it fit perfectly. It seems to be for one of the small black screws used to hold the motherboard in place.

please see the images I’ve uploaded of where it lives and how it sits on the heat sink!

https://imgur.com/a/egVVjYg

I hope this helps, I would advise to put the bracket in ASAP if you’ve not managed to figure out where it goes and have rebuilt your console!

For anyone else having this issue and stumbling across here like I did, I hope it helps as well!

The black one is on the side of ps4 next to fan …the other one i have issues with it

@Lewis: THANK YOU! This is exactly the piece I had fall out when I flipped it over. -DJLPM

Anthony K will be eternally grateful.