Screen replacement for Microsoft Surface Pro 8
How do I replace battery?
How do I remove the hard drive to recover data?
What type of SCREW is for the SSD back cover on the Surface Pro 8?
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
On December 13, 2021, iFixit and Microsoft announced a program where iFixit Pro independent repairers and Microsoft Authorized Service Providers can purchase tools for repairing select Microsoft Surface devices directly from iFixit.com.
Background and Identification
The Surface Pro 8 was announced on September 22, 2021 in conjunction with Windows 11, and is one of the first devices to pre-install the new operating system. Microsoft’s eighth generation Surface Pro combines the form factor and aesthetic of the Surface Pro X with the Intel 64-bit processor architecture used in the Surface Pro 7+.
- Dimensions: 11.3 in x 8.2 in x 0.37 in (287mm x 208mm x 9.3mm)
- 13” PixelSense™ Flow Display
- 2880 x 1920 (267 PPI)
- 3:2 aspect ratio
- 10 point multi-touch
- GPU Ink Acceleration
- Dolby Vision® support3
- Memory: 8GB, 16GB, 32GB (LPDDR4x RAM)
- Quad-core 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1135G7 Processor
- Quad-core 11th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1185G7 Processor
- i5 and i7 options with storage 256GB and above built on the Intel® Evo™ platform
- Graphics: Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics (i5, i7)
- 2 x USB-C® with USB 4.0/Thunderbolt™ 4
- 3.5mm headphone jack
- 1 x Surface Connect port
- Surface Type Cover port
- Windows Hello face authentication camera (front-facing)
- 5.0MP front-facing camera with 1080p full HD video
- 10.0MP rear-facing autofocus camera with 1080p HD and 4k video
- 2W stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos®
- Dual far-field Studio Mics
- Wi-Fi 6: 802.11ax compatible
- Bluetooth Wireless 5.1 technology
- Battery Capacity Nominal (WH) 51.5Wh
- Battery Capacity Min (WH) 50.2Wh
- Weight: 1.96 lbs (891 g)