These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Check out our free Surface Pro 6 teardown wallpapers!
Background and Identification
First released on October 16th, 2018, the Surface Pro 6 comes in five hardware configurations depending on your preference of CPU, RAM and storage. The base model comes equipped with a quad-core Intel Core i5 processor, 128 GB SSD, and 8 GB RAM, priced at $899. The most powerful configuration features an Intel Core i7, 1 TB SSD, and 16 GB RAM for $2,299.
Like many of its predecessors, the Surface Pro 6 is not user-upgradable. Do not expect to be able to purchase the low-end model and upgrade components.
- Display: 12.3" PixelSense 2736 × 1824 (267 PPI) IPS LCD display
- CPU: Intel Core Kaby Lake i5 or i7
- RAM: 8 GB or 16 GB LPDDR3 DRAM
- Storage: 128 GB, 256 GB, 512 GB, or 1 TB SSD
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics 620
- Camera: 8 MP rear-facing autofocus camera with 1080p HD video, and 5 MP front-facing camera with 1080p HD video
- USB 3.0 port
- microSDXC card reader
- Mini DisplayPort
- Surface Connect port
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- Surface Type Cover port
- Wireless: IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac Dual Band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1
- OS: Windows 10
- Dimensions: 11.5” x 7.9” x 0.33” (292 mm x 201 mm x 8.5 mm)