These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
On December 13, 2021, iFixit and Microsoft announced a program where iFixit Pro independent repairers and Microsoft Authorized Service Providers can purchase tools for repairing select Microsoft Surface devices directly from iFixit.com.
Microsoft’s third generation Surface Laptop was announced alongside the Surface Pro 7 and Surface Pro X on October 2nd, 2019. The Surface Laptop 3 maintains largely the same aesthetic as its predecessor but features a USB-C port, a larger battery, and a new AMD processor for the 15-inch model.
The Surface Laptop devices all look very similar. You can identify your Surface Laptop model by the 4-digit number printed on the top edge of the back cover:
Surface Laptop 3 13.5" model numbers include:
- 1967 - fabric keyboard
- 1868 - metal keyboard
Refer to Microsoft’s official guide for alternative ways to identify your Surface device.
- Quad-core 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i5-1035G7 Processor
- Quad-core 10th Gen Intel® Core™ i7-1065G7 Processor
- 8GB or 16GB LPDDR4x RAM
- Removable solid-state drive (SSD) 128GB, 256GB, 512GB, or 1TB
- Intel® Iris™ Plus Graphics
- Up to 11.5 hours of typical device usage
- 13.5” PixelSense™ Display
- 2256 x 1504 (201 PPI)
- Surface Pen enabled
- 10 point multi-touch enabled
- 1 x USB-C
- 1 x USB-A
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 1 x Surface Connect port
- Wi-Fi 6: 802.11ax compatible
- Bluetooth 5.0
- 12.1 x 8.8 x 0.57 inches (308 x 223 x 14.5 mm)
- Matte Black and Sandstone: 2.84 lb (1,288 g)
- Platinum and Cobalt Blue: 2.79 lb (1,265 g)
Wikipedia: Surface Laptop
iFixit: Repairable Surface Laptop 3