MacBook Pro - How to use external monitor right from boot/login screen
How to remove anti-glare coating effectively?
MacBook Pro screen is purple what is the cause?
What is the quality of the MacBook Pro replacement battery?
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
A1398 (EMC 2876 MacBookPro11,2) 2.2 GHz (Integrated Graphics), A1398 (EMC 2876 MacBookPro11,2) 2.5 GHz (Integrated Graphics), A1398 (EMC 2876 MacBookPro11,2) 2.8 GHz (Integrated Graphics), A1398 (EMC 2881 MacBookPro11,3) 2.5 GHz (Dual Graphics), A1398 (EMC 2881 MacBookPro11,3) 2.8 GHz (Dual Graphics)
Identification and Background
The MacBook Pro with Retina Display Mid 2014 was announced July 29, 2014 and ships with OS X Mavericks.
- 15.4" LED backlit Retina display, 2880 by 1800 pixels.
- Up to 16 GB memory (configurable at purchase, not upgradeable), up to 1TB flash storage
- Up to 2.6 GHz quad-core Intel Core i7 processor
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
Graphics and Video:
- 720p FaceTime HD camera
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics or NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M with 2GB of GDDR5 memory.
- Built-in 95-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 8 hours wireless web browsing
- Two USB 3 ports (up to 5 Gbps)
- Two Thunderbolt ports (up to 10 Gbps)
- MagSafe 2 power port
- SDXC card slot
- Headphone port
- Height: 0.71 inch (1.8 cm)
- Weight: 4.46 pounds (2.02 kg)