These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Click here to go to troubleshooting page: Dell Inspiron M5010 Troubleshooting
You can cost-effectively upgrade the Dell Inspiron M5010.
- Memory: Dell Inspiron M5010 comes with 2048 MB standard. If your Dell is still running with only the stock RAM, upgrading will provide a dramatic performance boost. Upgrading to the maximum of 8192 MB can be done very easily by installing a 2GB DMS Certified Memory 204 Pin.
Background and Identification ¶
The Dell Inspiron M5010 was released November 3, 2010. It is a personal notebook with a 15.6 inch screen and a 1.3 MP web camera. It came with different colored covers in order to personalize the notebook for the individual. The notebook runs on Windows 7 Premium and came with the AMD Athlon II P320 2.1 GHz dual-core processor.
The Inspiron R was also released in 2010, the biggest difference between the two is the processor, the Inspiron R came with either the i5 or i7 Intel processor.
- Processor: AMD Phenom II Triple-Core Mobile N830 2.1GHz (Socket S1g4)
- Chipset: AMD RS880M (216-0752001) + AMD SB820M (218-0697020)
- Memory: Supports 2 x DDR3 SODIMM modules up to 8GB
- Display: 15.6" 1366x768 LED
- Graphics: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4650 (216-0729042), 1GB VRAM GDDR3 (8 x Samsung K4W1G1646E-HC12)
- Hard drive: SATA 2.5"
- Optical drive: SATA
- Audio: IDT92HD79B1A5
- Network interface: RTL8102E
- Wireless technologies: 802.11 b/g/n
- Battery: 4140 mAh, 11.1v, 48 Whrs, J1KND
- Power: 19.5v, 3.34A/4.62A
- Card reader: SD, MMC, MS, MS Pro
- Webcam: 1.3 mpx
- Operating system: Windows 7
- Other: Bluetooth 2.0