0

anonymous 1577
1

What are the differences between iPhone 4/4s GSM/CDMA displays?

I noticed there are a couple similar questions here, but none answering quite what I'm looking for.

I've ended up with about 6 different display assemblies in my toolbox, and I didn't label them. How can I identify what models they go with? What are the differences between 4/4s displays, and GSM/CDMA displays? My goal here is to be able to tell these apart and label them, and also learn the differences for future reference.

2

anonymous 1577,here is a quote from this question "The connectors are the same for the digitizer and LCD and the screen will function properly between the models but the parts are physically different and will not fit either way." Read some more about it on here and here as well. As for the physical differences, just check the great guides for each model that you are inquiring about, take a look at the LCD's and you can actually see the difference. Good Luck.

Image one 4S and Image 2 iphone 4 GSM and CDMA with the CDMA on the left. Those images are from the ifixit guides, as you can see, lots of info about that.

Thank you! I've determined that all of my displays are CDMA, and now I'm working on figuring out the 4/4s part. Thanks for your very detailed and helpful response!

anonymous 1577,

The iPhone 4 GSM (ATT) is the easiest to recognize. Both of the top corner screw tabs are not in the corners.

Brad,

0

Duane
293

I've many a time had a customer tell me they had a 4 when it's a 4s. So I have managed to remove the bezel and glue the removed bezel to the new LCD. Also I'm sure the camera lense bracket is different too.