Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

How to get dust out from behind the screen

I have an annoying bit of dust behind my screen (about the size of a grain of salt) and I want to get it out. Is there any easy way?

I've tried lightly tapping the side to get it out and it wont.

The easy way is to have apple replace your phone.

However, if you would like to try to remove it your self, look here.

This dust thing appears to be a common issue and is due to the seals being faulty.

I hope this helps you.

Frank

Further advice would be to purchase a skin for future use, that way it blocks dust.

my iPhone 3G had a bad seal between the top glass and LCD and was collecting more and more dust under the top glass as time went on. I brought it in to the Apple Store just before the 1year warranty was up, and the Genius replaced the whole display module (glass, touchscreen, LCD display) while I waited, no charge. I know other people who did the same thing.

in your case, if it's just one large piece of dust and you're still in warranty, you might want to wait to see if it gets worse, then bring it to the Apple Store before warranty expires.

Is there anything I can do to get rid of the dust like use canned air or something else? Cause it's under my iPhone5 and it's so annoying and it urges me

If it's iPhone 5, you can't remove it because the LCD is glued right on to the front glass. It is impossible for dust to enter during use. If there is any dust, then the display is contaminated during manufacturing. It is considered a defect if it is enough to annoy you. You can go to apple and have it replaced

I have it under my iPad Air screen, which the seal is so terrible that I can lift the screen up. Would it be a bad idea to wipe it off the bottom of the touch screen and LCD?

maybe it will disinigrate in over time

it's better than having a scratch

I have the same on my ipad air, I bought it second hand so I cant return it

Same here on my iPad air, I had the screen replaced and more and more crap keeps getting stuck under there to the point where I can't even use it!

ian will be eternally grateful.