Mr. Christmas Musical Carousel

Support for musical holiday decorations by Mr. Christmas Inc.

Why is the carousel not turning?

I have a Mr. Christmas Carousel, and it stopped turning. Now it just plays music. I tried to open it up, but the bottom wouldn't come off. I have a soldering iron and any other tool that would need. I took the screws out of the bottom and I tried prying it off, but that didn't do anything. If I can get the bottom off, I can fix the problem. I am guessing that it is a disconnected wire. Any ideas on getting the bottom off or an alternate method is greatly appreciated.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t1439773-mr... if you scroll down you'll find a guide of how to take it apart.. hope this helps or is similar to yours.

Does anyone know a place close to Simi Valley that fixes the Mr Christmas Carousel?

by gene

the carousel has a basic fault inside the gear.

The first gear inside the gearbox will break after

short time of running. I will replace the plastic gear

by a gear of brass.

You have to dissassemble the carousel from the top.

You remove the top. You will see a screw.

At the lower part of the roof you see 4 snap-ins.

After doing the 4 snap-ins you can remove the

upper roof. You unsold the 2 wires of the wipers.

Yo open the hexagonal screw and the you can

remove the whole mechanics.

If you have questions, contact me

scheuermann12345@yahoo.de

I can not remove the top. What am I doing wrong

by Paul

I didn't realize that the point of the top actually came off. Once I tapped that off then I saw the screw you were talking about. Thanks.

by Paul

I can't get the top off my carousel. It does not screw off and I don't want to break it. Any suggestions? My SKU is 19952. It's an older model. Thanks

by Phyllis

Mine was glued around the outer edge for security, but was easy to lift off with a small flathead

by Mary

Hi my husband just fixed my carousel it had the same problem of not turning. He took the top canopy of, plugged it in turned it on, just to see what was going on. The problem with mine was one of the gears getting stuck on a grey electrical wire that ran under the gears.He lifted the gear slightly and now it works fine. Hope this helps someone out there.

Liz.

I was able to remove the top using the instructions given by scheuermann12345@yahoo.de and found that the o-ring that is used as a drive belt between the motor pulley and the gear-box pulley was broken. I am trying to find one and when I do, it should work again. is it a 1 3/4" by 1/32" o-ring.

Lance Smith lance.r.smith28@gmail.com

Used a rubber band of same approximate size to replace o-ring, works so far

My carousel Will have sound and the swings will come in and out but it will not spin. If I shut the sound off, it will spin once until it hit a switch in the top gear unit and then it stops. It will not restart until I switch on the sound and then off again. Anyone have any ideas why this is occurring?

by Paul

I found a way to remove the carousel top. I un-soldered the two wires and that allowed me to remove the carousel. The gears are turning but are no making contact with the main gear on the bottom of the carousel. How can I fix this problem?

Jerry

All other functions are working fine

by jerry heggy

My carousel did not turn. Disassembled and founded first gear on the main drive shaft broken as reference above by scheuermann12345@yahoo.de whre do you suggest I find such a small bass replacement gear and then securty it so it does not spin on the shaft.

I have a Mr. Christmas holiday carousel, but am experiencing a different problem. It only plays year round music. When I slide the switch to the Christmas carols setting it still just plays year round music. I tested the switch and it seems fine. Does anyone have any suggestions or a wiring schematic?

any good suggestions on where to find different gears?

Max Zigmund will be eternally grateful.