Model A1046 or A1095 / 1280x854 screen resolution

Wire from airport antenna broke off from connector

I'm replacing the screen on a G4 powerbook. While disassembling the unit to remove the display I inadvertantly broke the airport antenna cable right at the connector when I tried to disconnect it, consequently the connector is now rendered useless.

My question/s is/are: Can I use a small butt connector to reconnect the airport antenna cable to the airport card cable or do I need to use the exact same type of brass connector?

If I do indeed have to use the same connector, where might I find one?

An answer to one and/or both of these questions would be most appreciated.

TIA....Jeff

Hello Jeff, The way I would go is to buy a replacement cable for a complete and trouble free repair. Link provided. Good luck.

G4 Aluminum 15" 1/1.25/1.33/1.5 GHz Inverter & Antenna Cables

Thanks rj....Yeah I was looking at this earlier and actually added to my cart but I wasn't sure whether or not the antenna cable had the connector attached to it as the picture is somewhat indistinguishable. So I guess I'll just go ahead and order it....Cheers

Jeff will be eternally grateful.