Airport Card Cage
- Case Components (4)
- Consumables (2)
- Display Components (3)
- Hard Drive Enclosures (1)
- Hard Drives (1)
These are some common tools used to work on this device. You might not need every tool for every procedure.
Track down a number of hardware problems using the PowerBook G4 Aluminum 15" troubleshooting guide.
There are a number of components in the PowerBook G4 Aluminum 15" 1-1.5 Ghz that can be cost effectively upgraded.
- Memory: RAM increases speed and performance of applications. Upgrading RAM is easy and requires minimal disassembly. The Aluminum 15" 1-1.5 GHz uses PC2700 RAM, and we offer different sizes, from 128 MB to 1 GB. Check out our easy PowerBook G4 Aluminum 15" 1-1.5 GHz RAM installation instructions.
- Hard Drive: There are two factors to consider when upgrading your hard drive. The most obvious upgrade is to increase the total amount of space. However, disk speed also significantly contributes to performance, and upgrading from 4200 to 5400 RPM drives will yield faster hard drive throughput. Your Aluminum 15" 1-1.5 GHz uses hard drives with an ATA connector, ranging from 2 to 160 GB, but can be upgraded up to 320 GB. Browse our hard drives to find what works best for you. With our tools and instructions, you can install your new hard drive yourself!
- Optical Drive: The optical drive can be upgraded fairly easily. You can upgrade to a combo drive or an 8x SuperDrive. If you're sure you don't need to burn DVDs, a combo drive will suffice, while the SuperDrive will allow you to burn DVDs as well as CDs. Check out our easy PowerBook G4 Aluminum 15" 1-1.5 GHz Optical Drive installation instructions.
- Wireless: Add an AirPort Extreme Card to your Aluminum 15" 1-1.5 GHz. You can use our free guides to install your new AirPort card.
Identification and Background ¶
The aluminium PowerBook G4's most obvious change was the use of aluminium, not titanium, to manufacture the body. The keyboard, which was originally black, was changed to match the color of the body. Additionally, the aluminum keyboard was backlit on the 17" model and on one of the 15" models.
Use the laptop identification system to help you identify your machine. PowerBooks tend to look very similar, and it's important to know which machine you have before ordering any replacement parts.