Repair and disassembly guides for remote controls.

Fixing a water/coffee damaged remote

retail plus HDMI media player

Hi all,

I had bought a retail plus hdmi media player. It works okay for avi files and that is about it. My 1 year old grabbed the remote and used it as a swizzle stick in my wife's coffee. Now the remote is non responsive.

I have contacted the manufacturer through their web page but they are not responding to my inquiries.

What can I do to bring the remote back to life?

I had a cup of water and my roku tv remote slid off my cover and fell in to the cup of water we tried to blow in it and blow dry it even new batteries and it doesn't work can u help me plz

My daughter used me remote as a pee pot and now it's not work in what do I do the back doesn't open and I can't see and visible batteries help!!!!

What can I do to get my fire stick remote to work after water got in i

Today I spilt a full cup if coffee over my Sky remote and TV remote. Neither worked after that so I removed the batteries, heated up my oven and once the oven was hot I switched it off. I then wrapped the two remotes in a towel and put them in the oven. After a couple of hours I removed them from the oven, put the batteries back in and both remotes are now working

My fire stick remote fell in water what do i do

Use this guide to try to save it: Electronics Water Damage

Ty it worked

Glad it worked ;-)

My romote want work after my 2 year old done put water in it

@kaymilz89 take the batteries out, open it up and dry it out. Follow the link to the guide I posted.,

I was soaking my feet in my foot spa and the remote control fell in the water so what I did was turned on my heater and put the remote control in front of it not too close took the back of the remote off including taking out the batteries and took a shower when I was done I was ready for bed the remote or again

How do you dry out a wet remote control

Submerge the wet remote into a rice bag and cover it with rice. Take and dust it after half a day and use it

what if you didn't add it right away will it still work

My amazon remote got wet a little the screen want change it's just blue after my boyfriend got done playing the game I got the remote it was wet a lol joe much for just the remote ?

Take out the battery and warm up a sock full of rice. Put the remote in the sock. Keep it there for one hour. It should work by then .

Hi @lizzzzzzzz ,

This may be of interest to you.

Don't Put Your Device in Rice. Here's Why

Andy will be eternally grateful.