Complete how-to and replacement guides for the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, and iPhone X.

maps on iPhone is not voice activated

I was hoping the GPS on iPhone would be a voice activated one. It is not. I was told I had to buy an app. Looking for one I am so confused because some are really reasonable but you have to buy the annual subscription to use it.

Can you give your best advice what to get for the iPhone?

I have not used this feature but I'm sure someone here has. Wait 24 hours and come back to see if we can find something for you.

Most Helpful Answer

here's a recent review/comparison of nine GPS navigation apps available for the iPhone

The GPS is simply a component, the app that uses it is GOogle maps, which is NOT turn by turn direction, however there are several expensive or subscription turn by turn directions applications for iPhone. I suggest that you return your iPhone and buy an android device, which have a version of google maps with a free turn by turn directions application built in.

Mapquest is a free app........download it........it is voice activated. Shame on iphone.

Score -1

Shirl will be eternally grateful.